*** The Official HTC Windows Phone 8X (Accord) Thread ***

Associate
It's a pain :( the number of times with my wp7 i've had my eardrums burst from a text message arriving during a quiet album are too many to count.

Haha you just reminded me, does Windows Phone still give audio notifications while you're using the phone to speak with someone? Can be pretty unpleasant.

Associate
Regarding the volume, if im pluggin H/Ps i will turn it to 10 max.
if i have chunky headphones (like Beats Wireless which is lush with these)
id go 10+ when i have them around my neck.
and with nothing plugged in or, NFC/BT to my tv and audio stuff 30.

honestly 10 Vol is perfectly loud enough.
no big ear breaking dings.
i believe they have adjusted the volume in wp8 to accompany this idea.
ive tried it with various h/ps wired or b/t and the results are pretty much the same. stick it to 10 if you're plugging in.

where can I find a desk dock for this device. Cant seem to find one any where

only thing "dock" wise i can think of is the HTC app, and generally the lock screen.
they both display customisable information, the lock screen being a huge improvement, but i think you'd still have to "touch it of sorts" to display for example music tracks.

Haha you just reminded me, does Windows Phone still give audio notifications while you're using the phone to speak with someone? Can be pretty unpleasant.

it does but its a very quiet background "ding do" sound.

Anyone know what sort of Sim the 8X takes? Is it the same size as the one in the iPhone 4S?

Micro sim, if you plan on using your old sim, they can use a hole puncher type thing that shrinks standard sims

Man of Honour
:eek: Verizon get a custome htc 8x that has wireless charging
Verizon has confirmed it will carry HTC's Windows Phone 8X with wireless charging support. Exclusive to the US carrier, the support is built straight into the device, which will be available to pre-order on November 9th. The Verge revealed the 8X wireless charging in late October, matching the Lumia 822's own charging support.

Such. A shame they haven't got an sd card or larger memory.

Associate
am not talking about an app, I mean a physical dock the the phone can sit in to charge etc in front of the computer

My mistake, i cant say i have seen or heard of one, sorry.

:eek: Verizon get a custome htc 8x that has wireless charging

Such. A shame they haven't got an sd card or larger memory.

im not too fussed on memory, cloud and easy offload is peachy enough for me.

though, bit of a gripe that the US 8x gets 4G and Wireless charging.
that's left us out a bit dontcha think? =[

Associate
Got my sim free 8X this morning not noticed any reboots. Cracking phone so far, Win8 loads snappier that 7.5 on my Omnia. Only problem so far no micro similar yet :rolleyes:

..a bit annoyed with delivery company though. Was sat watching Friday F1 show at about 0820. When it finished I had a quick look at the courier link to see if there was a delivery window only to find it was been recorded as being delivered at 0838. They didn't ring the bell or knock on the door, they just left the packet on the doorstep in the rain :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
I decided to get this over the Lumia 920 as I wanted one sim free and unlocked. It is also a fair bit cheaper than the Lumia as well. I am also not bothered about wireless charging or an amazing camera so the 8x seemed perfect.

So far it seems really good. I love the UI and it is very fast. Everything seems to scroll nicely and it all seems very slick. Coming from an iPhone 4S it seems just as good so far.

It feels amazing in the hand. It feels much nicer to hold than the 4S, the curves on the 8x really help to cradle it in the hand nicely.

I am not so sure about the battery yet though, Obviously with it being a new phone I have been playing with it a fair bit so I will need to see what it is like in day to day use, but at the moment battery life has not been great.

The buttons are so recessed that it is sometimes hard to tell if you have pressed the button. I am getting used to it, but it is a slight annoyance.

Overall I really like it so far. I will see what the battery life is like in the next few days and see if I have any other comments to make.

Man of Honour
I just ordered one coming from note.... Had enough of large phones and constantly feeling need to flash roms. After getting misses a lumia 800 I decided wp8 is all I want in a smartphone..... It just gets the job done no fuss, and IMHO better than android and more efficient the ios

Soldato
I got one of these the other day as a work phone.
Cracking little device!
Light, good sized, works well with work services too.

Only annoyances thus far:
- Average battery life.
- No Skype App.
- Lync App doesn't support calls.
- No Spiceworks app.

Otherwise though, very impressed. Excellent for work purposes.

Associate
Much to my Surprise id like to share the Microphone quality on recordings is beautiful, HUGE improvment from HD7.
cant say about 920/ 8x comparison, but i know the 920 has mono Haac mics (3 array) which hands down would be the best portable mics in a phone ever, you're looking at being able to pick up a live band play right infront of you with no distortion.

but the 8x fairs pretty well, getting good recordings from acoustic and open mic situations, havent tried live bands yet but i have tried music from pretty large area PA systems and it comes out great.

vertainly a win for microphone usage =].

I went into O2 this morning and they only had the purple 8X in stock. Ugh.

i have just a black one that's all they had on release day -.-. id trade for a purple anyday.

Associate
If they had black I probably would have walked out of the shop with one. Can't spend your money even if you want to with some companies! It's not as if I'm after some obscure colour.

im young i could handle the crazy colours haha, i tell you what if you buy the purple one i'll swap phones immediatle.
i do admit though many people who have seens and handle my phone have honestly, picked it up really looked at its form, absolutely loved it and literally EVERYTIME, they have put it on a table or desk stepped back to look at how well it "fits in" and has pretty much said somethign on the lines of "it just works"

and that's not even working the OS.

i was sat in the cinema gettign ready to watch skyfall and my phone ended up being passed along being looked at and fully admired, one gentlemen said "i really feel like a spy right now"

not a single person has been like "why did you only get black"

so in itself it certainly has appeal.

might take a few shots of it around me home next couple of days cause it just really is a nice looking and feeling phone.

Soldato
Well, I ended up going with the purpleblue. I figured I should just get over myself. I think part of it was to do with a particular friend of mine - that colour is 'her' colour and it just put me off it.

Anyway I love the phone. Mine restarted at the end of a massive text before I sent it which really pee'd me off but I knew about the issue before I bought it. I also have a weird calendar bug where the month view is in Spanish...

Battery life was unimpressive for the first couple of days but its really settled down now.

Back
Top Bottom