• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Consultation should be paid for, but medicine should be severely cut back on, we hand them out too much and are now on the doorstep of a serious anti-biotic resistance problem because of it.

No it shouldn't, we already pay through taxes, oh wait you want us hard workers to pay for more. get a grip.

Caporegime
Their manifesto is utter fantasy, they never had any intention of implementing it. Child tax credits are 100% certain to go, when asked about this in the debate David Cameron refused to rule it out, saying instead he "didn't want to do that" i.e. but I'm going to anyway. Regressive tax policy is the hallmark of Tory economic policy so I can't see how that won't happen either. They definitely have something up their sleeves for the NHS as well, I confess I don't know exactly what but you only need to look at all the US private healthcare companies backing them to see where we're going.

Child tax credits gone for everyone? Why do you say that?

Man of Honour
So the Polls on this forum showing a heavy Tory leaning were right, despite the protests that the forum is way more right wing than the general populace.

Soldato
Indeed. I'm expecting a lot of regret 12 months from now.

I don't actually mind the Tories, I just don't trust them not to implement policy that is firmly against the public interest.

I agree, it's likely a lot of people who voted Conservative thought they were voting for a continuation of coalition policy, but there is simply no guarantee things wont take a step to the right.

Soldato
Child tax credits gone for everyone? Why do you say that?

Well the Tories were talking about upping free Nursery hours to 30 hrs / week (which with the law of unintended consequences will have detrimental effects on a lot of pre-schools) The change in the voucher system, it's all ways they can remove Child Tax Credits but not make Childcare completely unaffordable.

Soldato
Bring on the vote on the EU asap.

Yeah at least the Tories are giving us the choice which is more than Labour ever did. Labour even attacked the Tories' plans for a referendum, saying it would bring two years of economic uncertainty. So basically they were saying that, because we couldn't be trusted to vote to stay in the EU, the decision should be taken out of our hands altogether! Yet another reason Labour are a bunch of utter muppets.

Back
Top Bottom