• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Yeah at least the Tories are giving us the choice which is more than Labour ever did. Labour even attacked the Tories' plans for a referendum, saying it would bring two years of economic uncertainty. So basically they were saying that, because we couldn't be trusted to vote to stay in the EU, the decision should be taken out of our hands altogether! Yet another reason Labour are a bunch of utter muppets.

Well...it will be uncertain, thats not in doubt...

Soldato
People need to realise that a vote for the SNP is not a vote for independence. The SNP now have 5 years to show they can fully govern in Scotland and keep a strong voice for Scots at Westminster.

However if the SNP have a successful 5 years with extra powers available to Scotland, you could maybe then look at another Independence vote.

Caporegime
Clearly a lot of Lib Dem support from last time has moved to Conservative, I wonder if these voters have really looked at the difference in policy.

For example the privacy laws which the LD's blocked will now have no problem being pushed through. Maybe an unrestricted Tory government be too much to stomach for the left leaning once the policy starts coming.

Fascinating times for the country.

Looking at the results it looks almost like the LD supporters voted conservative and the more hardline conservatives voted UKIP in similar numbers. Perhaps it will take the edge off some conservative policies and force them towards the centre a little, probably not though unfortunately.

Associate
So basically they were saying that, because we couldn't be trusted to vote to stay in the EU, the decision should be taken out of our hands altogether! Yet another reason Labour are a bunch of utter muppets.

We can't be trusted.

Are you an expert on the net effect of the EU?

Soldato
Woke up this morning and decided that I'm moving to Scotland. At least there I won't be completely at the mercy of that dish faced ****womble for another 5 years.

Super looking forward to more 'austerity' cuts and the continuation of the slowest economic recovery in history.

Soldato
I didnt get the chance to vote. Was at work till 7.45 then straight to the chesterfield game from work.

To be fair coming from a miners family, a labour town and having a aunty who runs labour for her area... I don't think I would have voted labour even if I did have the chance to go vote.

Soldato
Well...it will be uncertain, thats not in doubt...

You miss my point. The very fact that there's uncertainty means there's a chance we'll vote to leave the EU. Labour were basically saying that, because there was a chance we'd vote to leave, we shouldn't be given the choice in the first place.

Soldato
I agree, it's likely a lot of people who voted Conservative thought they were voting for a continuation of coalition policy, but there is simply no guarantee things wont take a step to the right.

With a tiny majority it is, unfortunately, pretty much guaranteed that they will lurch right. Got to keep the back benches happy!

Funny when you think about it - if the UK vote was more right wing it would have delivered a stronger Conservative majority and likely more moderate policy.

Caporegime
You miss my point. The very fact that there's uncertainty means there's a chance we'll vote to leave the EU. Labour were basically saying that, because there was a chance we'd vote to leave, we shouldn't be given the choice in the first place.

That's ultimately up to the EU, they are frankly bricking themselves right now.

Tea Drinker
Don
So these are all coming now?

- £5,000 of free childcare
- Income tax-free minimum wage
- Raising the personal allowance for tax to £12,500
- Increasing the starting salary for the 40p rate to £50,000
- No increase in income tax, VAT, National Insurance
- Raising the inheritance tax threshold for family homes to £1m
- Seven-day access to GP service
- An annual £8bn boost for NHS funding
- 30 hours of childcare for three and four-year-olds
- Repeal the Hunting Act
- Increase state pension by at least 2.5% with a triple lock
- 200,000 starter homes built
- Committed to four-boat Trident nuclear deterrent

Caporegime
Not as wrong as all the UKIP supporters on here who said they would take seats....from anywhere ;)

UKIP are by far the biggest losers from the FPTP system this year, they got twice as many votes as the SNP (56 seats) and about 30% more than the LD (8 seats) yet only got one seat. The greens are also big losers in it as well.

At least UKIP can console themselves that they are by far the third largest party in the UK by supporter base, just a shame for them they couldn't convert it into seats...

Back
Top Bottom