• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Associate
here we go bedroom tax to be rised again and he only just got back into no: 10 just over an hour ago ,i give it a year before those muppets who voted them in again start complaining it be cuts cuts and more cuts ,job losses to come everywhere .and to an referendum you can forget thats going to happen old david would be gone by 2017

Suspended
Good, I think they should be taxed far higher than 45% on that. Honestly, £2.7 million per year? That's 108+ times the national median. Does anyone think they worked 108 times harder to get there than the median person? We need way, way higher taxation in this era of super-rich.

Nope. We need a flat rate of tax for all. That is 'fair'.

This attitude that the higher paid should pay a higher percentage in tax is nonsense. Why should they exactly?

Osborne has already flirted with the idea of a flat tax rate, I hope it gets implemented.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Going to be interesting how the English Votes for English Law will be introduced into parliament now, always seemed to be a sensible idea.

They aren't going to do that - it was just a voting bribe and part of the "vote Labour get SNP" Tory scare tactics.

V F

V F

Soldato
Not even 'Loose Women'?

Pfft, as always. Likely rewarded for failure.

Sacked Wirral West MP Esther McVey should be given a seat in the House of Lords after being booted out by voters, a leading North West Tory claimed.

She vowed to return to politics following her defeat last night, saying: “I’m coming back, I wanna be an MP.”

A title Ms McVey might use in the House of Lords is Baroness McVey of Hoylake.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/esther-mcvey-lords-conservatives-move-9213643

Soldato
Why assume the worst?

What information do you want, or top of what's provided there?

Isn't it best to assume the worst when there's no public information available? Thanks for the links, I see since Feb they've actually put some documents online, so will have a browse. So far the bits you've pointed out are very encouraging.

I wonder how much of this came up as a result of people kicking up a fuss? :D

Man of Honour
Tells you who really won today doesn't it? Wealthy shareholders, big business and senior executives.

Look at the forum poll at the top of this page, do you think everyone here fits into those categories? Not even close.

You and others won't admit it but even poorer people have voted Conservative because they believe it's the best thing to do.

Associate
Isn't it best to assume the worst when there's no public information available? Thanks for the links, I see since Feb they've actually put some documents online, so will have a browse. So far the bits you've pointed out are very encouraging.

I wonder how much of this came up as a result of people kicking up a fuss? :D

This attitude that the higher paid should pay a higher percentage in tax is nonsense. Why should they exactly?

Osborne has already flirted with the idea of a flat tax rate, I hope it gets implemented.

Agree with Hincpie (not on the bit about a flat rate though)

Joey, why exactly should they be taxed more? Do you not think that 45% is more than enough to take from the money someone has earned?

Last edited:
Caporegime
What is being ignored because it is fairly irrelevant at this stage is Labour did increase their voter share by1.5% over 2010 but got less seats out of it.

There is going to be an inquiry into the polling since it was such an utter disaster but some things are quite interesting. The polls predicted the SNP, Greens, UKIP voter almost exactly right to the decimal place. 5 day average UKIP was 12.6%, and that is what they returned. Greens 5 day average was 4.6% and they got 4.7%,.
Some how they got the Labour-Tory swing monumentally wrong, time and time again for the last 3 months. Even the exit poll was substantially wrong, but the wrong way for Labour (If the exit poll was wrong the same magnitude the other way then Miillband would be PM today).

Lots of very embarrassed pollsters today. i haven't any coherent excuse yet.

Soldato
There’s a lot on whinging on the left, full of excuses blaming everything from the voting system, the public and whine that the next 5 years will see chaos and devastation. IMO labour lose in 2010 wasn’t as serve as it could and should have been, the country was in a pieces financially but I get the feeling the electorate didn’t trust Conservatives enough to put it right hence the hung parliament.

Fast forward 5 years the recovery is complete and the economy is on the up (whether people want to admit it or not) as a result people will look at their situation and will want more of the same. IMO Labour’s front bench looked all too familiar with the same faces appearing in opposition as they did in government. Add to that Labour’s arrogance and refusing to accept their record of profligacy, waste and near economic ruin while in charge just all came home to roost. I don’t accept if David Miliband were in charge things would have turned out different, he was an even bigger figure associated with the last Labour government and refused to stand up to Gordon Brown when he had the chance in 2008/2009 which would have acted against him.

I wonder if the Lib Dem’s will cease to exist in the long run, hard to imagine they can come back from this disaster even in 10 years’ time, nearly all their support where I live has gone to UKIP rather than Labour and their former stronghold of the South west is no more. Time for a new Liberal party I think.

Caporegime

We can just apply a 50% flat rate IT and raise the tax free allowance to 22K.

Some how when people bleat on about flat taxes they always envision some 20-25% for everyone, rather than a realistic tax figure

Soldato
Agree with Hincpie.

Moses, why exactly should they be taxed more? Do you not think that 45% is more than enough to take from the money someone has earned?

Calling for flat rate tax is ignoring both the infrastructure the highest earners' salaries are built upon, and the relative impact of taxes on peoples of different means.

Soldato
Why can't some people just learn to lose gracefully? The Tories won, end of, the people had there say. Kicking the bucket, making loud noises and telling everyone "you'll regret it" is just poor showmanship.

I didn't make a fuss, gave money to charity and got on with the rest of my day!

Caporegime
Tells you who really won today doesn't it? Wealthy shareholders, big business and senior executives.

It tells you that a huge proportion of the population who's jobs depend upon this small percentage of people won also.

Labour just don't get the simple fact that wealthy shareholders, big business and senior executives are those who ,in the main,provide employment for the vast majority of the UK workforce, the workers do get it though and have voted accordingly.

Associate
I had to go to A&E today, had a chat with the nurses, they told me many are gutted and worrid that the torries are back in and will have full control,

they think they will get stealth pay cuts due to roster and working hours shenanigans and full privatisation is only a mtter of time.

I was gutted to see the numbers this morning, sad thing is many that will be affectted by the extream cuts predicated never even voted.

Soldato
The post-election debate from the Labour candidates has been shocking. They don't know who they are or who they want to be right now, and they're admitting it!

One spokesman even said (paraphrasing), "We will simply continue to be the party in opposition to the Tories." Which again suggests that they have no real position any more. Total disarray.

Any result would be better than a Labour govt right now.

Labour in Scotland after losses in the 2011 election - "We will have to listen to the people and learn from it"

Labour in Scotland after almost being wiped out in 2015 election - "We will have to listen to the people and learn from it"

Caporegime
Look at the forum poll at the top of this page, do you think everyone here fits into those categories? Not even close.

You and others won't admit it but even poorer people have voted Conservative because they believe it's the best thing to do.
pc gaming isn't a poor persons hobby so what do you expect

Back
Top Bottom