• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I don't understand how the Conservatives only got 330 seats. Who in their right mind would vote Labour? :p

The post-election debate from the Labour candidates has been shocking. They don't know who they are or who they want to be right now, and they're admitting it!

One spokesman even said (paraphrasing), "We will simply continue to be the party in opposition to the Tories." Which again suggests that they have no real position any more. Total disarray.

Any result would be better than a Labour govt right now.

Soldato
What's the issue with TTIP? I mean, outside of scaremongering. What are the issues for concern from an objective standpoint?

Well for one, a lot of food additives are banned in Europe because they are not considered safe while in America they are not banned because they cannot definitively prove they are harmful. Guess what will be coming your way in the food you eat.

If you're better off and would rather your money or time went towards things you prioritise over your happiness/wealth, you're more than welcome to support charities and other projects financially, or with your time and/or skills. Big society, yo ;).

The point of 'Big Society' was people giving their free time to do things that the state does at the present. As we are a more selfish society it will not happen.

Soldato
Labour were going to lose in England regardless of what happened in Scotland, they didn't have a credible plan or team. I'm sorry but I don't buy the whole "Scottish threat" thing, it was never, ever a reality. The SNP were going to have the same amount of influence regardless of who was in power, even now they'll be chairing some very influential committees in the commons, at a minimum.

However expect the SNP to get a kicking next time around if Labour in Scotland bring in new blood and if the SNP act like ***** at Westminster, they have not got a mandate to ask for another referendum and they don't have a mandate to act like a group of kids, if they do I've no doubt many people like myself will flip to labour or elsewhere in 2020.

Well, I can see them having two valid grounds for a referendum, or simply just leaving:

1) We don't get the powers promised
2) Leaving the EU

I see those as absolute red lines for the SNP, and I agree with them.

No more waiting years to kick a terrorist or murderer out. I had a word with myself and we agree and are having a
bacon sandwich with extra bacon as a reward :)

A nice short sighted view with no consideration of the far reaching consequences. Disgusting.

Soldato
If the opposition really want to win against the incumbent entities engaging the politically absent would achieve it easily.

Except voter turnout and young voter turnout was up :confused:

Can't say I am happy about about Cameron again but then Ed was awful too. No win this time for me it was like being asked whether you wanted to be shot in the right or the left kneecap.

(I'll be on tonight if you want to try and catch me - not going to watch the news that's for certain!)

Soldato
Well, I can see them having two valid grounds for a referendum:

1) We don't get the powers promised
2) Leaving the EU

I see those as absolute red lines for the SNP, and I agree with them.

A nice short sighted view with no consideration of the far reaching consequences. Disgusting.

They can have all the red lines they want, without a mandate, which they don't have they cannot even ask for another referendum IMHO and the UK government would have no reason to grant it.

We voted (well not me - I said YES) to stay in the UK, so I hate to point it out but if the UK leaves, so does Scotland. Tough frankly.

Last edited:
Soldato
They can have all the red lines they want, without a mandate, which they don't have they cannot even ask for another referendum IMHO and the UK government would have no reason to grant it.

We voted (well not me - I said YES) to stay in the UK, so I hate to point it out but if the UK leaves, so does Scotland. Tough frankly.

Do they really need to ask for a referendum? Afaik even if it's not granted they could still go ahead with it anyway if the Scottish voice was strong enough following an EU vote or something. Never actually researched that, just something I heard, correct me if I'm wrong.

And from what I believe the Scots support the EU, so it'd be a huge conflict of interest. Again, I just don't see two opposing parties lasting in a union. Do you?

I also voted YES, and I'd vote YES again - because that's what I believe in, not to spite a politician. :p

Soldato
Except voter turnout and young voter turnout was up :confused:

Can't say I am happy about about Cameron again but then Ed was awful too. No win this time for me it was like being asked whether you wanted to be shot in the right or the left kneecap.

(I'll be on tonight if you want to try and catch me - not going to watch the news that's for certain!)
It being up isn't the same as it being high.

I agree on Ed, he didn't inspire confidence - but another five years of unnecessary ideologically driven hardship to the poor & disabled doesn't fill me with joy.

I'd take bumbling incompetence over the alternative (who based on every single metric are equally incompetent).

Back
Top Bottom