• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
At this point you went off the deep end. After that it was just line after line of pure derp.

He's not entirely wrong, most of the dogs we have today did not exist in their current form a couple of hundred years ago, they hare the produce of decades of selective breeding and overbreeding. If you put a 21st century pitbull or a bulldog next to a 19th century picture they are practically unrecognizable.

didn't someone do something similar with royal mail and probably a large chunk of the NHS soon too...

It was Labour who put the Royal Mail sell off in process, the Tories just screwed up the end of that process, they are both just as responsible.

Soldato
loads of people on my facebook (and on real like) saying its the worst thing ever - like the tories are pure evil and labour were the second coming of christ or something!

Soldato
No, the reason the NHS isn't safe is that there are too many levels of administration, and the public think they have no role to play in their own health. Every new modern treatment is expected to be provided no matter the cost, and vast amounts are spent inefficiently.
There is no longterm plan to recruit from within, and no educational basis regarding this.
The entire conept of the nhs is a lumbering mess, and needs a full overhaul with a moving towards a systm that doesnt claim to provide everything, as that is unsustainable.

True, there is a sense of entitlement with most people that it will just be done for them.

Someone commented in work that the Tories will kill the NHS, they won't, no political party will, the citizens and the NHS will kill it by a complete deluded belief that it has a divine right to exist, it doesn't and its vast inefficiencies will kill it from the inside.

Soldato
False, a majority of economists doidnt believe austerity would be beneficial for the UK.

And yet a huge number of business leaders supported the Tories' economic plan and wanted them back in power.

I don't know much about economics but I'm far more inclined to agree with the opinion of those running businesses, employing people and contributing to the economy than some random economists spouting theory.

I don't believe, as Labour seem to, that you can just spend your way out of trouble. There are times when you have to invest to recoup and spur growth but there are also times when you simply have to rein it back in and clear some of the debt.

Last edited:
Associate
I must admit I met some really nice people along the way. They really liked my solid background being a Royal Engineer Paratrooper and Falklands vet, with bags of common sense and UKIP's manifesto.

Permabanned
I must admit I met some really nice people along the way. They really liked my solid background being a Royal Engineer Paratrooper and Falklands vet, with bags of common sense and UKIP's manifesto.

I would be really uncomfortable with knocking on doors, how did you deal with that?

Back
Top Bottom