• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Alan Sked hates Farage because he believes Farage is a nasty racist who took his idea of a euro skeptic party down the gutters.

I take what he says over anything Farage says thank you very much.

You seem to have a lot of misplaced trust in a guy that can't back anything up at all. All seems a bit crackpotty

Caporegime
How hard is it to request that champagne is delivered in a plain brown box? Nobody cares if you have champagne to celebrate an election win, why draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Caporegime
Ok.
You responded to the question earlier with a couple of quotes that simply have no proof that Farage is racist, would I be right in assuming you think he is then?
For the record I don't like him or his Party's policies but haven't seen any proof that he is racist.

No, those quotes are proof that Farage is racist. The racist Romanian comment was publicly stated, so there really isn't anything to debate there.

There is plenty of evidence that Farage is racist, ,e.g. his school teachers accused hum of being a racist.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10322331/Nigel-Farage-was-a-racist-schoolboy.html

He hangs out with other political racists across Britain Europe.

The party effortlessly attracts racists and bigots.

Then there are things like this:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100261889/ukip-are-now-a-racist-party/

To be clear, I don't think the policies are necessarily racists, just ridiculous, and not everyone voting for UKIP is racist, just a worrying large amount.

Man of Honour
No, but the only proof of it is in a conversation with the UKIP founder Alan Sked:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

When the UKIP founder believe Farage is racists then there is a good reason he is.

Moreover, Farage hangs out with a bunch of racists leaders of other far right parties across Europe including:
  • Umberto Bossi of the Italian Northern League who asked for immigrants to be shot.
  • The True Finns party, who requested foreigners wear armbands so they can easily be identified by police.
  • Frank Vanhecke of Belgium's Vlaams Blok,the party that was disbanded for illegal racist policies.
  • Morten Messerschmidt who was convicted of racially motivated offences

For someone who is supposedly not racist he has a lot of charming friends.
That's not proof, if that conversation ever took place the only 2 people involved have different reports of it.
Without any evidence you shouldn't believe one man's account over another no matter who their friends are.

Man of Honour
No, those quotes are proof that Farage is racist. The racist Romanian comment was publicly stated, so there really isn't anything to debate there.

There is plenty of evidence that Farage is racist, ,e.g. his school teachers accused hum of being a racist.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10322331/Nigel-Farage-was-a-racist-schoolboy.html

He hangs out with other political racists across Britain Europe.

The party effortlessly attracts racists and bigots.

Then there are things like this:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100261889/ukip-are-now-a-racist-party/

To be clear, I don't think the policies are necessarily racists, just ridiculous, and not everyone voting for UKIP is racist, just a worrying large amount.
The first quote is not proof as I mentioned above unless you want it to be and choose to accept one word over another without evidence.
And as has already been mentioned in here the Romanian comment isn't necessarily racist unless you want it to be.

Caporegime
That's not proof, if that conversation ever took place the only 2 people involved have different reports of it.
Without any evidence you shouldn't believe one man's account over another no matter who their friends are.

The Romanian neighbor comment has concrete proof.

Caporegime
UKIP is full of racist, homophobic, fascist, and sexist members. It's hardly surprising that Farage is anything other, he just hides it very well behind this public persona.

Soldato
what about the SNP fielding a student, and the student winning a seat in parliament - says a lot about how people were voting in Scotland - did they not realize they were the best thing that happened to the Tories, effectively taking Labour out of the game - essentially the Scottish wanted a Conservative government!

Worrying that a student with little or no life experience will be voting on some of the most important decisions in the country - luckily she will be little more than a pawn for the SNP leadership!

The student was not expected to win but to get some experience. Some others were likewise 'new', a company director or a ex-Labour councillor. The big difference was David Cameron. When he started his English Nationalist rhetoric that gave the SNP at least another 10 seats including the previously named 'new' people.
The Scots on an anti-Tory, anti-austerity ticket

essentially the Scottish wanted a Conservative government!

I have no idea how you manage to make that leap of 'logic' . In Scotland the Tories are the 4th party, insignificant. The big two are the SNP and Labour, so naturally they would be fighting Labour. As for trying to benefit the Tories, the SNP are further left than Labour. If Labour got all its seats it would have made no difference. Labour lost in England.

Man of Honour
UKIP is full of racist, homophobic, fascist, and sexist members. It's hardly surprising that Farage is anything other, he just hides it very well behind this public persona.

Brilliant, other than by association are you going to enlighten us with evidence as to why he's racist, homophobic, fascist or sexist?
If not then you are a complete racist thug as SW fans are the worst I've ever encountered.
Good for the goose etc...

V F

V F

Soldato
Can a party really force you to stay on at a job when you don't want to? Perhaps we do need to revise labour laws in this country.

From what he said at the time he was really looking forward to the break and a reduction in pressure, does the party not have a duty of care towards its members even if they are the leader?

Don't know how a party can stop somebody resigning but it proves its a one man party. If they allow him to leave it'll fold rapidly.

Personally I cannot stand that Paul Nuttall.

Back
Top Bottom