• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Just pointing out that labeling someone simply on their associations is completely unfair, you've obviously just felt that.
You labelled Farage far worse with no other evidence.

No, that was a personal attack against a member. Had I said that to yourself, I would have been banned, give over.

UKIP, are followed in the press by constant articles about racist, sexist, and homophobic comments made by their members. Source.

Even when their own members are polled;
Source.

I did not personally attack another member in my post, you did. I'm out.

Soldato
Ukip is not really anything to do with race or immigrants

Its about getting out of Europe so they can get away with less restrictive employment regulations (at the expense of us who work)

The immigrant angle is an after thought to grab some more votes from the derp crowd,

What annoys me about ukip is the lie that they are separate from Westminster or the establishment, when its made up of recently Tory MPs and people like NF who claim to "tell it straight" or not be like those other MPs who lie or renege on promises and then after losing last week weasels his way out of it in the most car salesman like way possible

If clegg is a liar for raising tutuon fees then Nigels pledges / promises / word is worthless

Last edited:
Soldato
Can a party really force you to stay on at a job when you don't want to? Perhaps we do need to revise labour laws in this country.

From what he said at the time he was really looking forward to the break and a reduction in pressure, does the party not have a duty of care towards its members even if they are the leader?

Nah, I called it immediately by the look on his face when a journalist asked if he was going to resign just before the Thannet South result was announced (but exit polls showed he'd lost). He laughingly and awkwardly said "Are you calling me a liar".

Then when it was confirmed he hadn't won there he came out and said he'd resign but immediately throw his hat back in the ring to win the next leadership contest.

Man of Honour
No, that was a personal attack against a member. Had I said that to yourself, I would have been banned, give over.

UKIP, are followed in the press by constant articles about racist, sexist, and homophobic comments made by their members. Source.

Even when their own members are polled;
Source.

I did not personally attack another member in my post, you did. I'm out.
No it wasn't, stop being so precious.
You can't back up your accusations about Farage and his acquaintances.
Bye then.

El oh el, don't be so precious, princess. He was clearly highlighting your ridiculous defaming of Farage. It was clearly not serious, and only done to highlight that.

Clearly.

Man of Honour
I do quite like Farage, it's a shame he didn't win his seat but he's an entertaining character and does talk some sense.

I think people were largely voting for him rather than his party/local MP's though, and with no detailed knowledge of the manifesto, but that's not particularly uncommon.

Associate
Farage is the most charismatic face in politics in a long time, it's good that he's back. The racist moniker is a myth, he's simply pro-British values.

I do wonder what will become of UKIP if we vote leave the EU in 2017 though.

Caporegime
Farage is the most charismatic face in politics in a long time, it's good that he's back. The racist moniker is a myth, he's simply pro-British values.

I do wonder what will become of UKIP if we vote leave the EU in 2017 though.

Charisma is no substitute for substance though, he's effectively a one trick pony and should we vote to leave the EU, UKIP's reason to exist will vanish at a stroke,by definition we would be an independent (and isolated) UK.

Caporegime
Farage limp failure to resign underlines a deeper issue with UKIP: there's no-one to replace him. UKIP relies too much on Farage's cult of personality to hold it together. Lose Farage and UKIP will collapse under the weight of its own internal conflicts just like similar parties have done before.

Soldato
If voting reform is actually put in place how would it fair for each party? There is a lot of campaigning for change after the results last week but I don't understand how changing things can improve the chances of those parties that were least successful?

Caporegime
If voting reform is actually put in place how would it fair for each party? There is a lot of campaigning for change after the results last week but I don't understand how changing things can improve the chances of those parties that were least successful?

~20 seats vs 1 for the greens is far fairer.
~80 seats vs 1 for UKIP is even more fair (even if id dislike that outcome)
~45 seats vs 8 for LibDems protects them a bit.

Stronger parties are diminished a bit, bit i don't mind that, a compromising government is far better than a roughshod majority doing all sorts of disingenuous ****.

Caporegime
~20 seats vs 1 for the greens is far fairer.
~80 seats vs 1 for UKIP is even more fair (even if id dislike that outcome)
~45 seats vs 8 for LibDems protects them a bit.

Stronger parties are diminished a bit, bit i don't mind that, a compromising government is far better than a roughshod majority doing all sorts of disingenuous ****.

what would the outcomes for cons lab and snp have been?

Caporegime
Farage limp failure to resign underlines a deeper issue with UKIP: there's no-one to replace him. UKIP relies too much on Farage's cult of personality to hold it together. Lose Farage and UKIP will collapse under the weight of its own internal conflicts just like similar parties have done before.

what was nthe one that had killroy silk?

Caporegime
what would the outcomes for cons lab and snp have been?

Cons/Lab would be around 200 and snp at around 25 if i remember correctly.

However, that is a direct correlation...without taking into the reality of STV or other systems with preference voting, that FPTP has a lot of tactical voting... so i dunno the real numbers, nobody does.

Soldato
So in electoral reform it seems this year of elections would still result in the cons being voted in majority and ukip would be the third biggest party!

So why are so many lefties crying out for it?

Soldato
So in electoral reform it seems this year of elections would still result in the cons being voted in majority and ukip would be the third biggest party!

So why are so many lefties crying out for it?

Well, firstly because that's a logical jump that you can't really make given the data we have. Fairer voting systems such as STV remove factors such as the spoiler effect and splitting voters of similar perspectives minimising their influence, and as such would drastically impact how people vote. Also, because it's... objectively fairer? Just because it doesn't directly benefit you doesn't mean you should be complacent in supporting a supposedly democratic system in which the majority of voters end up without representation.

Soldato
Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1_zpskvehvm80.jpg

butthurt?

They won't get in next time either no matter who's in charge :D

well they might get 2 seats if they get 7 million votes

Back
Top Bottom