• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
There was a bloke called Muhammed who reckoned he's a prohpet.

He was a prophet.

prophet
ˈprɒfɪt/Submit
noun
a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.
"the Old Testament prophet, Jeremiah"
synonyms: seer, soothsayer, forecaster of the future, fortune teller, clairvoyant, prognosticator, prophesier, diviner; More

Caporegime
What is it about the English that they cannot understand the difference between a political party and ONE of it's policies. The SNP are in power in Scotland because they are doing a good job of running the country and probably will again after next years election. The people have rejected their independence policy and they will be incredibly stupid if they try to force it on the Scottish people again unless something very major happens.

SNP said they will put some candidates in the north east next time :D

Can see loads of areas switching to SNP since we are treated like the wildlings by the english parties

Soldato
If the Tories make the SNP stronger and more successful labour won't get their scottish seats back. If Scotland gets even more devolved powers there is even less reason for independence and the 'better together' campaign has even more marketing material.

If Cameron had not been so stupid and vetoed the more popular devo-max option he could have got away with offering less than he will be offering now and blown away the independence clamour for a generation or more.

Man of Honour
Are you really getting into a religion debate in an election thread?

It's not a religious debate, it's a historical one.

Regarding the SNP, I actually find a lot of their policies quite appealing bar the independance elephant in the room. I think they'd have a lot of appeal in E&W if they decided to field candidates south of the border.

Soldato
It is more complex than that though. A lot of SNP voters believe they are the best party, other do want independence, others want both.
Sadly nationalism is still strong in the SNP.

There is a rump that want one tomorrow but not the majority. The SNP are lucky at the moment because the LibDems are a busted flush, Labour will commence infighting for the next year or two and the Tories are an irrelevance. Labour got the Assembly but their party and policy continued to be run from London according to their last leader. I voted for the Union but for the SNP this time and will again in 2016 unless they do something incredibly stupid.

Soldato

Can see loads of areas switching to SNP since we are treated like the wildlings by the english parties

Bring it on I say. They should stand in all northern seats imo. A lot of what the SNP say is perfectly valid, and in many ways is much more representative of people's views than what the national party’s offer.

If they just dropped the independence issue, I think they'd do very well in many parts of England, and would stand a very good chance of getting policy changes at a national level.

The SNP is what many Labour supporters wish the Labour party still was.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bring it on I say. They should stand in all northern seats imo. A lot of what the SNP say is perfectly valid, and in many way much more representave that the national partys. If they just droped the independace issue, I think they'd do very well in many parts of England.

Yep, they are basically what Labour should be, except with a whole nationalist side. Drop that and I think they could get many English seats

Soldato

That would be amusing, what would happen if the SNP got a majority in the UK?.

Would they still want independence if they were running it? (assuming the main reason for wanting is is lack of representation). SNP would have done better than the Liberal Democrats & the Greens in many seats I'd wager- not to mention if seats anywhere north of the Watford gap.

To be honest, anywhere outside of London & the south isn't really considered by either of the main two political parties - I could actually see the SNP gaining traction in England.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom