• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Bring it on I say. They should stand in all northern seats imo. A lot of what the SNP say is perfectly valid, and in many ways is much more representative of people's views than what the national party’s offer.

If they just dropped the independence issue, I think they'd do very well in many parts of England, and would stand a very good chance of getting policy changes at a national level.

The SNP is what many Labour supporters wish the Labour party still was.

If they dropped the independence issue and started to field candidates in England then what would they call themselves? Just the Party? :p

Man of Honour
If they dropped the independence issue and started to field candidates in England then what would they call themselves? Just the Party? :p

They could remain with the name they have and campaign around the same platform. Never mind the north, they would get support down south to ensure that the Scots pay for their own choices.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-july-budget-austerity-conservatives-deficit

Oh good, an emergency budget in July. Enjoy the good times while they last.

If the bad times are like the last 5 years for those of us who pay for benefits rather than receiving them, bring them on.

Soldato
Bringing in laws to stop VAT and Income tax rises?? Oh the humanity!!

Scorza was probably referring to the 10 billion pounds of undeclared welfare cuts.

It's a really huge amount of money. Can do some really quick estimates from the numbers here

20.3 million families receiving some kind of benefit (64% of all families), about 8.7 million of them pensioners

Assuming they don't touch pensioners (because they're the Conservative party) there are some 11.6 million families receiving some sort of benefits. These cuts on average might therefore be £862 per family. Obviously they will hit some far more than others.

(Is that per year or over the parliament? Can't tell)

Last edited:
Soldato
Scorza was probably referring to the 10 billion pounds of undeclared welfare cuts.

Wasn't it 12.5 billion? For some reason they didn't want to go in to detail before the election. For all the talk of 'protecting the most vulnerable in society' I fully expect the sick and disabled to get hit hard...

Caporegime
Wasn't it 12.5 billion? For some reason they didn't want to go in to detail before the election. For all the talk of 'protecting the most vulnerable in society' I fully expect the sick and disabled to get hit hard...

Remember the child tax credits that David Cameron "didn't want to" scrap, well my guess is they'll be first for the chop. Doesn't affect me cos I don't have kids, but I know how much other people rely on those payments.

If the bad times are like the last 5 years for those of us who pay for benefits rather than receiving them, bring them on.

How much do you believe your paying for benefits PA?

We're in for some big cuts to the most vulnerable in society, the Tories claiming they didn't know how they we're going to tackle the 12.5 billion welfare cuts was a complete scam, as soon as they were elected we now have an emergency budget being announced only two months later which I can guarantee will outline welfare cuts, and ones that wouldn't of been popular if they had been known before the election.

Last edited:
Soldato
Remember the child tax credits that David Cameron "didn't want to" scrap, well my guess is they'll be first for the chop. Doesn't affect me cos I don't have kids, but I know how much other people rely on those payments.

I don't know about child tax credits but if he limited Child Benefit to two kids it would be wildly popular amongst the the core vote, including me

Soldato
It was hardly that simple, it wasn't just a picture of Muhammad, it was a picture of Muhammed with a ballsack for a head and a penis for a nose designed specifically to upset/offend/anger, published by a magazine that had repeatedly published other imagery of Muhammad being raped, homosexual, etc.

If it had been an image of Nelson Mandela's corpse being raped by a member of the KKK then nobody would be trying to defend it.

The publication of such imagery and the rallying around CH that followed was no different to a man walking into a rough pub and throwing a drink into the face of the baddest looking bruiser in there, then crying when he battered him.

The thing is CH published cartoons equally offensive to Christians and Jews and yet it was Muslims who brutally murdered some of their staff.

Yes, the guys at CH were intolerant and offensive *****, but Muslims (collectively) need to be a little less thin skinned.

Caporegime

I remember 2010
What is disturbing is the suggestion that this is down to fraud and abuse. The DWP's own estimates put fraud at 0.5%. There isn't a 30% of abuse of DLA," he said.
I reckon more money was going to atos than was actually saved by getting rid of legit claimants
The government is due to announce before the end of this month whether Atos will be given part of the contract for the new PIP assessments, which has a net value of between £300m and £1bn
There wasn't 10% fraud rate in claims but we were paying atos about 10% of the total cost of people on disability benefits

Man of Honour
I remember 2010

I reckon more money was going to atos than was actually saved by getting rid of legit claimants

There wasn't 10% fraud rate in claims but we were paying atos about 10% of the total cost of people on disability benefits

Remember the fraud rate quotes by the DWP is for confirmed fraud, not suspected fraud or claims that are within the letter but not the spirit of the process.

Incidentally, how should claims be assessed in your eyes?

Caporegime
Remember the fraud rate quotes by the DWP is for confirmed fraud, not suspected fraud or claims that are within the letter but not the spirit of the process.

Incidentally, how should claims be assessed in your eyes?
You already need medical evidence and a GPs support to get disability benefit.
sure some people should require regular assessments but for the majority of DLA they will have life long medical conditions that don't change.

with the proper help and support a lot of people on DLA could work but the government says it's helping then doesn't offer any support and just tries to get them off the books.

why did we spend 300-1000 million on atos? that money could have been spent on a support team to help people with mental disabilities find work and give them the support they need to maintain employment instead of making people who already suffer miserable
DWP should for a lot of claimants be a service to help manage peoples conditions and aid them in being contributing members of society.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
people with disabilities on benefits will feel worthless with no goals and no ambition just left to rot in their depressed state.
The image of some guy on benefits essentially having early retirement is just BS, if you were normal sure but when your suffering from a disability then time spent alone doing nothing just compounds to your problems and worsens your mental state
people with disabilities severe enough that they need to claim benefits don't lead normal lives they don't enjoy being in the position they are placed in.

DWP aren't exact figures? the always say estimated fraud % and it's just just fraud it's "overpayments and fraud" in one percentage.

how many billions did universal credit and pip cost so far? must be the biggest joke of an IT contract those 2 yet ian duncan smith is still going on his welfare reform even though he has already massively failed?
this level of incompetence wouldn't go down in the private sector.

We've ploughed so much money in to reforming benefits that instead of scrapping the stupid idea they will just keep ploughing more money into a black hole until it does work.
what kind of logic is that?

why can't they spend money to help people instead of spending money purely to save money.
how many people could have been helped into employment with support instead of wasting billions trying to reform the system.

you don't have to work but your probably spending the majority of the day alone confined to your home waiting for your next assessment
who wouldn't become depressed with no sense of self worth.

it's not helping anyone it's just making people worse off

these people are some of the most vulnerable members of society not scumbags playing the system

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom