Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
As far as I can see, we have 3 plausible explanations for her about-face;

1. She's saying she's in favour because she pretty much has to now that she's the equalities minister. She's lying.

2. She's always been in favour but voted against to curry favour with conservative-Conservative voters. She's a sell-out

3. She genuinely feared that gay marriage was a bad thing and the consequences would be bad for society but has, since the law has been in effect, seen that in reality that the world doesn't end with social liberalism. She's a ****ing idiot.

wow. either you have a very high opinion of yourself or very low opinion of others, either way you come across as a very unpleasant individual

RDM

RDM

Soldato
The publication of such imagery and the rallying around CH that followed was no different to a man walking into a rough pub and throwing a drink into the face of the baddest looking bruiser in there, then crying when he battered him.

The analogy doesn't really work as you have to go out of your way to read insulting cartoons in a satirical magazine. They don't normally come and throw themselves in front of you.

Soldato
So why else would she vote against equal marriage in 2013 and in 2015 say she's in favour?

Opinions change, i bet you feel different about certain things then you did 10 years right? God i hope so!!

In the meantime i have to say i'm impressed with the current Tory government, With all the rhetoric yesterday the Cons have basically turned into UKIP!! Lets just see if they back up all the talk with action

Last edited:
Caporegime
Salmond is the SNP's foreign affairs spokesman in Westminster and is on C4 now arguing that Britain should take 60,000 migrants from the Med. The brass ******* neck on him.

Where's this ridiculous figure of 60,000 being plucked from?

What Salmond was actually saying was that the UK should take it's fair share. Since the EU is only talking about 20,000 for the EU in total across two years, that would mean just over 2000 for the UK in total and around 200 for Scotland. Hardly devastating numbers; especially considering how stingy the UK is in living up to its international responsibilities in taking in refugees already.

Associate
In the meantime i have to say i'm impressed with the current Tory government, With all the rhetoric yesterday the Cons have basically turned into UKIP!! Lets just see if they back up all the talk with action

This is why it was important to vote UKIP to get the numbers up, now UKIP with its huge gains in the voting at around the 4,000,000 mark are pushing the agenda for Cameron, it's working out well.

Associate
It was hardly that simple, it wasn't just a picture of Muhammad, it was a picture of Muhammed with a ballsack for a head and a penis for a nose designed specifically to upset/offend/anger, published by a magazine that had repeatedly published other imagery of Muhammad being raped, homosexual, etc.

If it had been an image of Nelson Mandela's corpse being raped by a member of the KKK then nobody would be trying to defend it.

The publication of such imagery and the rallying around CH that followed was no different to a man walking into a rough pub and throwing a drink into the face of the baddest looking bruiser in there, then crying when he battered him.

I know Nelson Mandela and the KKK to be real. Muhammed, mmm nope.

Soldato
Just a clever move by the Tories to ensure Scotland will never go back to voting labour, and quite possibly preventing an independence referendum from being successful.

What is it about the English that they cannot understand the difference between a political party and ONE of it's policies. The SNP are in power in Scotland because they are doing a good job of running the country and probably will again after next years election. The people have rejected their independence policy and they will be incredibly stupid if they try to force it on the Scottish people again unless something very major happens.

Caporegime
Please enlighten. :mad:

If the Tories make the SNP stronger and more successful labour won't get their scottish seats back. If Scotland gets even more devolved powers there is even less reason for independence and the 'better together' campaign has even more marketing material.

Soldato
Just a clever move by the Tories to ensure Scotland will never go back to voting labour, and quite possibly preventing an independence referendum from being successful.

Probably for the first time ever i agree with you on something, at least the first part. As i said another post a while back, Cameron is going keep the SNP sweet for the next 5 years because he wants people in Scotland to keep voting the SNP to keep Labour out of parliament, that means giving a few bits and pieces, just enough for the SNP to back to the people of Scotland and say look what we can do.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What is it about the English that they cannot understand the difference between a political party and ONE of it's policies. The SNP are in power in Scotland because they are doing a good job of running the country and probably will again after next years election. The people have rejected their independence policy and they will be incredibly stupid if they try to force it on the Scottish people again unless something very major happens.

Whilst I agree that many people vote for the SNP because they are a party that las left, liberal policies and are an actual alternative from labour and the conservatives, I can't help but think that the independence debate hasn't gone away in the medium term. I think many others also feel this way.

Caporegime

It is more complex than that though. A lot of SNP voters believe they are the best party, other do want independence, others want both.
Sadly nationalism is still strong in the SNP.

Back
Top Bottom