Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Britain has peoples of different languages and values, just like Europe does. The SNP were very much in favour of an independent Scotland joining the EU. In fact, it's typically the smaller countries in Europe that see the value in common European laws, trade and currency.

Percentage of English speaking population in UK is approx %97, the equivalent for the EU as a whole is approx %50, so no its not the same.

Regardless of SNP willingness to join the EU, it does beg the question, if a union between nations that have a lot in common is struggling. How will the EU endure in time.

Also, this is very important I feel. Today we are voting for the government, and they are accountable to the British public.

But the European parliament makes judgements that affects Britain deeply. These decisions are made by MEPs from across Europe. But with the exception of our own MEP's, they are not accountable to the British public.

To me this seems deeply un democratic.

We had 3 votes to do, one for general, one for local councillor and one for the parish council.

So, Labour (which hurt, this two party voting system sucks really...if we had a PR system I would have voted green) for General, Green for local and Green for the Parish.

The Labour guy, has a strong chance... this is a typically Labour seat, has been for a good while but last election he lost his seat (just) to the Cons.

Both the Local Greens have a good chance because they had both local seats last term already, so I hope they keep their position.

As one of the more sensible posters on these forums, how would you describe Labour voters ? :cool:

I will chime in on this one.

I think they mean well for the greater good, but just look at the party and the people in it now. Do you really trust them to make good on their word?

Would love nothing more for a Labour party with a plan that makes sense. All their talk of setting up an investment bank to chuck our money into is the same arrogant gamble they keep making.

Voting Conservative, i'm under no illusions as to what I need to do. Keep things simple for awhile. Get back to basics. Gradual and steady progress. Not outright drastic and bizarre wholesale changes.

Percentage of English speaking population in UK is approx %97, the equivalent for the EU as a whole is approx %50, so no its not the same.

Regardless of SNP willingness to join the EU, it does beg the question, if a union between nations that have a lot in common is struggling. How will the EU endure in time.

Also, this is very important I feel. Today we are voting for the government, and they are accountable to the British public.

But the European parliament makes judgements that affects Britain deeply. These decisions are made by MEPs from across Europe. But with the exception of our own MEP's, they are not accountable to the British public.

To me this seems deeply un democratic.

That is no different to our own government though. Who ever becomes the PM out of this election will leave a lot of people with a government they didn't vote for, and making decision they didn't agree with

I will chime in on this one.

I think they mean well for the greater good, but just look at the party and the people in it now. Do you really trust them to make good on their word?

Would love nothing more for a Labour party with a plan that makes sense. All their talk of setting up an investment bank to chuck our money into is the same arrogant gamble they keep making.

Voting Conservative, i'm under no illusions as to what I need to do. Keep things simple for awhile. Get back to basics. Gradual and steady progress. Not outright drastic and bizarre wholesale changes.

The problem with Labour is that the party has lost all connection with the working man/woman due to their leadership slowly filling up with PPE graduates living behind 10 foot fences in their Islington mansions.

In the spirit of this thread - VOTED :D

Too busy preparing for a job interview to actually do any form of real research other than read a few overviews.

Annoyed the wife - she just got the local council voting form.. which caused a mass "French way is better than the English way" on the walk back :D

Back
Top Bottom