Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
My personal objection is that my ancestors have worked hard for centuries to build Britain up to what it is now and it's complete BS that any unskilled person from Poland can get a £30 flight over, sign up with an agency and get the benefits of that hard work while we still have 5% unemployment who are all capable of doing these unskilled jobs.

What you're saying here is your ancestors worked hard for centuries to give us the opportunity to clean toilets and you're outraged because many Britons are not interested in doing that. Why don't you try taking a part time job cleaning toilets and thus make your ancestors proud, eh? :rolleyes:

Immigration happens because it is needed. All developed countries use it (with the notable exception of the aging, stagnating Japan) and quite a few have higher levels.

Being against immigration, particularly EU immigration, which provides skilled workers that are closer culturally, makes no sense. Unless of course you are among those who have problems with people who are a bit different than you and your tribe.

Norway GDP per capita.... 6th in the World.

They work less hours than their neighbours, and for more moola in return.

We don't get much say in making decisions within the EU, and when we do get a say, they go ahead and enforce whatever they wish regardless.

It's a poisoned chalice which has been involved in bankrupting more countries than Communism has in the past 100 years.

I'm not sure Norway is a like for like comparison, it's an incredibly (oil) rich country with a much lower population.

They can't stand the EU though, the Norwegians are hoping UKIP get in as the UK pulling out of the EU would dent it considerably. :p

Can you back that up? It sounds pretty impossible considering their average wages are lower than ours but their cost of living is higher...

Not sure where you've seen that about the wages...

It's a cultural problem and we need a culture change. Traditionally the British were always grafters. We need to get back to that.

Really, REALLY look after the Disabled. Totally encourage the lazy to work by showing them they are a part of something greater.

I work doing relatively unskilled labour with about 200 people roughly split 40% British, 40% eastern european, 20% other (mainly somalian, quite a few portuguese etc).

The hardest workers are by far the old school British working class, followed by some of the polish and the majority of younger British people and a handful of the others. In last place is the odd Brit the rest of the eastern euro's and the Somalians (it's like they're still working in 40c heat).

One thing about the Polish is they have a reputation which may of been true when they first came here in the early 2000's but now you get all the lazy ones as well living off that reputation and what they do well is give the appearance of hardwork while cutting every corner they can and skiving as much as possible without any of the managers seeming to notice.

Can you back that up? It sounds pretty impossible considering their average wages are lower than ours but their cost of living is higher...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

However as said they can't be compared to uk.
They pay higher taxes but it's spent meaningfully. Rather than wasted like in the UK. The amount of money pumped into the public sector, we have little to show fir it. Especially under labour when they just recruited people to essentially do nothing. rather than on infrastructure projects that would have had lasting effects.

IMO you can go one of two ways, pay large taxes and have a great infrastructure and everything else that goes with it.
Or pay very little and go private.

We seem to be in the middle where most of it is just wasted, fir one reason or another (not in my backyards and protest about anything is my pet hate and should be banned).

Norway GDP per capita.... 6th in the World.

Thanks to wisely investing their oil money and generally being a left-wing paradise. Absolutely nothing to do with being in or out of Europe.

We don't get much say in making decisions within the EU

We would if we made an effort to engage with rest of Europe, instead of being the kid who constantly threatens to take their ball home.

Not sure where you've seen that about the wages...

Average wage in the UK is £26,000
Average wage in Norway is $32,093 (£21,077)

Cost of living in Norway is >30% higher almost accross the board (linky)

I just don't see how they can be better off like he claims /shrug.

Last edited:
We would if we made an effort to engage with rest of Europe, instead of being the kid who constantly threatens to take their ball home.

The fact our UKIP MEPs show up once in a blue moon and when they do they just insult everyone then tell them their countries are **** and everyone in the UK thinks the same, before leaving, probably does not help.

Average wag in the UK is £26,000
Average wage in Norway is $32,093 (£21,077)

Cost of living in Norway is >30% higher in Norway almost accross the board (linky)

I just don't see how they can be better off like he claims /shrug.

I'm pretty sure that average wage for Norway is wrong, or how it's been worked out is strange. The average worker in Norway will earn a LOT more than the UK equivalent.

Cost of living is also only higher on certain things (where it can be extreme), if you can live without alcohol for example you'll be much better off.

Back
Top Bottom