Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
That is no different to our own government though. Who ever becomes the PM out of this election will leave a lot of people with a government they didn't vote for, and making decision they didn't agree with

It is very different, we have no way whatsoever to influence the election of non UK meps literally zero say. We do however get a vote in UK elections.

I will chime in on this one.

I think they mean well for the greater good, but just look at the party and the people in it now. Do you really trust them to make good on their word?

Would love nothing more for a Labour party with a plan that makes sense. All their talk of setting up an investment bank to chuck our money into is the same arrogant gamble they keep making.

Voting Conservative, i'm under no illusions as to what I need to do. Keep things simple for awhile. Get back to basics. Gradual and steady progress. Not outright drastic and bizarre wholesale changes.

You mean stagnant the economy and reduce growth?

As one of the more sensible posters on these forums, how would you describe Labour voters ? :cool:

Many of them are just the same and differ only by how they want to see their taxes spent. Spend, spend, borrow, borrow and be damned... So ends my party political broadcast on behalf of the... :p

I shall now return to my election free bunker for the rest of the evening. :D

Amazing shows how many people who use OCUK have no sense of the reality of most peoples everyday lives.

Whatever happens the only thing I am confident of is that we will no longer have conservatives in government; thank god for that :)

Are you saying it's not 'reality' unless you're poor?

What makes you so confident? Nothing points to that.

No not at all the reality for most people in this country is earning about 26k per year if they are lucky. I suspect most people in GD earn much more than that, including myself.

The reality for most people is a daily struggle to pay bills have a decent home to live in and to bring up kids.

Tories don't represent that group of people or those below them. Hence why all the polls on GD have been massively skewed; hence GD does not represent the reality of the UK.

I think somebody already mentioned what's missing here is empathy and compassion for your fellow man who for whatever reason may not been as lucky as some of us. Tories do not represent compassion and empathy they represent selfishness, fear and me me me.

I'd rather not put a tick against a party which has such selfish and insular views of the country.

Also, this is very important I feel. Today we are voting for the government, and they are accountable to the British public.

But the European parliament makes judgements that affects Britain deeply. These decisions are made by MEPs from across Europe. But with the exception of our own MEP's, they are not accountable to the British public.

You're not voting for a government today; you're voting for an MP. MEPs are accountable to the European people just as MPs are accountable to the British people. Ultimately only your local MP and local MEPs are accountable to you and they form a small part of a larger picture.

Many of them are just the same and differ only by how they want to see their taxes spent. Spend, spend, borrow, borrow and be damned... So ends my party political broadcast on behalf of the... :p

I shall now return to my election free bunker for the rest of the evening. :D

Yeah and you better not come out of that bunker mister with all that slanderous Labour hate talk. :p

You're not voting for a government today; you're voting for an MP. MEPs are accountable to the European people just as MPs are accountable to the British people. Ultimately only your local MP and local MEPs are accountable to you and they form a small part of a larger picture.

Yes MEPs are accountable to their respective electorate. But decisions are made that influence the UK, and these decisions are made by MEP's from other nations.

The British public do not select these MEP's yet they have a large say in the laws that govern our country, this to me is deeply un-democratic.

Interesting, three of the top five are not members of the EU.

What's even more interesting is that despite not being in the EU, those 3 comply to most EU regulations, without having the opportunity to vote for or negotiate their implementation.

You mean stagnant the economy and reduce growth?

If you compare us to other places in Europe, you can't solely blame that on the Conservatives.

Employment has gone up. Wages are slowly creeping up in areas where they were traditionally lower. (Where I live) The 5% first time buyer housing scheme helped my family out a fair bit.

Retail inflation hasn't been kind to us, but things have been steady and we know where we stand.

Letting people find their feet and just maintaining some stability isn't the worst thing. The growth will come once the market trust improves across the board.

Steady and careful.

The problem with Labour is that the party has lost all connection with the working man/woman due to their leadership slowly filling up with PPE graduates living behind 10 foot fences in their Islington mansions.

I disagree, I think the employment demographic of our nation has changed to the point where we don't have the clear-cut working class vs ruling class we had 30 or 40 years ago. There are more shades of grey now and a lot less 'manual labour' jobs which were typically described as 'working class'.

I have an office job and despite only earning around average wage I don't really consider myself as "working class" which in my head is lorry drivers, builders, factory workers etc.

What's even more interesting is that despite not being in the EU, those 3 comply to most EU regulations, without having the opportunity to vote for or negotiate their implementation.

That is their choice where they have weighed the benefits versus the costs, clearly it has not had any negative impact on average wages..
Those countries also control their own laws and borders.

No not at all the reality for most people in this country is earning about 26k per year if they are lucky. I suspect most people in GD earn much more than that, including myself.

The reality for most people is a daily struggle to pay bills have a decent home to live in and to bring up kids.

Tories don't represent that group of people or those below them. Hence why all the polls on GD have been massively skewed; hence GD does not represent the reality of the UK.

I think somebody already mentioned what's missing here is empathy and compassion for your fellow man who for whatever reason may not been as lucky as some of us. Tories do not represent compassion and empathy they represent selfishness, fear and me me me.

I'd rather not put a tick against a party which has such selfish and insular views of the country.

Traditionally that is the case but I don't feel this current crop are orientated that way. They just want people to do the best they can.

I earn under £26k , so does my other half. Most of our earnings go on child care and the mortgage. But it is of our own design.

Asking people to be responsible for their own lives doesn't show lack of compassion or empathy.

People who think Labour are any different need to realize that this is the angle they are selling to obtain the power they desire. I don't for a second think they wouldn't sell us out to protect themselves. Tony Blair did it.

Traditionally that is the case but I don't feel this current crop are orientated that way. They just want people to do the best they can.

I earn under £26k , so does my other half. Most of our earnings go on child care and the mortgage. But it is of our own design.

Asking people to be responsible for their own lives doesn't show lack of compassion or empathy.

People who think Labour are any different need to realize that this is the angle they are selling to obtain the power they desire. I don't for a second think they wouldn't sell us out to protect themselves. Tony Blair did it.

Another myth is that Labour is the 'party of the NHS' when Blair further expanded the PFI. So they are both guilty of opening up the HNS to privatization.

That is their choice where they have weighed the benefits versus the costs, clearly it has not had any negative impact on average wages..
Those countries also control their own laws and borders.

What you are forgetting, are these country are very different to the UK. Very small population, with large natural resources. That is very different to the uk.
Every small country with large natural resources does well. It's very easy for such places to have large wages and ample government budgets.

If you compare us to other places in Europe, you can't solely blame that on the Conservatives.

Employment has gone up. Wages are slowly creeping up in areas where they were traditionally lower. (Where I live) The 5% first time buyer housing scheme helped my family out a fair bit.

Retail inflation hasn't been kind to us, but things have been steady and we know where we stand.

Letting people find their feet and just maintaining some stability isn't the worst thing. The growth will come once the market trust improves across the board.

Steady and careful.

Why is a big company such as Sports Direct, last I read 90% of staff on zero hour contracts? I don't know if its better. A company that supposedly made 2.7 billion in 2014 with 24,000 employees.

I've just voted (took the parents with me), it's the busiest I can remember the polling station being, pretty much 4 people in the queue, 4 in the booths, and for every person who left another arrived.

Mind you we did have four ballots to do, two of which allowed 3+ choices.

Back
Top Bottom