• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
My guess is not raising income tax, national insurance or VAT. They might not change the rate but they'll find some way of collecting more tax.

Yes by increasing the number of people who are in work and can pay tax.

ie growth of the economy.

Not all manifesto commitments will be in the first Queens speech of the Parliament.

Soldato
Lets see shall we? :cool:

Which charity do you want to donate to this time? :p

Though to save your money and be fair to you, my comment is vague enough that it's unlikely to be incorrect, there are always going to be some manifesto pledges that don't see the light of day. But if it transpires that in 5 years time every pledge has been enacted, then by all means come back and remind me and I'll do the donating :)

Soldato
Any details on this earn less than 30k and don't pay tax stuff?

Is it incremental? Does it effect those earning more (as in they pay no tax on the first 30k) lots of trumpeting of being the party of the working people but I just see this as being another help to the lower margins of society and your typical average working person being given **** all as usual.

Caporegime
Yes by increasing the number of people who are in work and can pay tax.

ie growth of the economy.

Not all manifesto commitments will be in the first Queens speech of the Parliament.

George Osborne doesn't believe in growth, which is just as well as we aren't going to get any £12bn spending cuts planned.

Soldato
Any details on this earn less than 30k and don't pay tax stuff?

Is it incremental? Does it effect those earning more (as in they pay no tax on the first 30k) lots of trumpeting of being the party of the working people but I just see this as being another help to the lower margins of society and your typical average working person being given **** all as usual.

I think it is 30 hours per week on minimum wage, not 30k.

Soldato
The Childcare bill and the doubling of free childcare to 30 hrs / week, there seems to be some confusion if this is universal or only for 'working' parents.

Is there any detail yet to check out?

Soldato
I see the SNP are stealing front bench seats in parliament, this is obviously a small part of their plan to create anarchy in the house.

Soldato
Carol Monagham MP SNP (from twitter) said:
Stood next to Boris Johnson at Queen's speech. Boris "Why are there all these school girls here?" Response from 2nd Tory "Those are our MPs".

Cheer up Carol.

I see the SNP are stealing front bench seats in parliament, this is obviously a small part of their plan to create anarchy in the house.

It's the same place the Lib Dems used to sit when they were a party. That's where you sit if you come third.

The Childcare bill and the doubling of free childcare to 30 hrs / week, there seems to be some confusion if this is universal or only for 'working' parents.

Why would they give 30h of free child care to people who don't work?

Last edited:
Soldato

This is only when both parents work as I recall.

Also applies to single parents, who work.

The 15 hours is the same for non-working parents as before. (I think)

Back
Top Bottom