Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Well clearly there should be an expectation that MP's while working for whatever constituency, works towards a better and fairer Britain for all.
The Scots decided that wasn't happening so now they are punishing the Labour and Conservatives with their support for the SNP.

If we are not happy with decisions made in the EU parliament we have far less say and influence.

Decided it wasn't happening...?

You what. Of course the Scots got tired of the same old Conservative/Labour crap. We just now have another viable choice unlike England.

Great post which i completely agree with, I will never vote Conservative in my lifetime, how people can vote for David Cameron is beyond me, he's just a horrible human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and completely represents the me me me me society we have today.

I can't be the only one who would love someone to wipe that smug look off his face.

You are not alone! :)

First time I've ever queued which bodes well for labour around here, if I'm correct in that assumption it's back to 3 labour mp's for my town even though there'll have been at least 30,000 tory voters spread over the 3 constituencies and tens of thousands of others, PR crying out for consideration.

The difference is that the MP's governing our country are being elected in Britain by the British people.

How on earth can we possibly expect a e.g German MEP or a Lithuanian MEP to put Britains interest first? Or even to understand what is in the British interest or what the British public would want?

I don't see the British people as one homogenous group. I feel as much in common as someone from Berlin or Copenhagen as I do someone from rural Northern Ireland. Each MP is putting their constituency first, just the same as a German MEP puts ther region first.

Right. Off to the polls I go where I'll be voting...

Tory

Last minute change of heart. The local paper swung me.

Labour candidate Kate Godfrey: "People feel what has been happening in our town over the past five years has been so unfair and nothing gets to people more than a sense of being treated unfairly. If it isn't the hospital, it's the university leaving, if not that it's the children's centres closing, if not that it's HS2. The Tories have given up on Stafford."

Now, I know our current MP fights hard for the hospital, improvements have been made and services are returning. I know he fought hard to keep the University (which is ultimately a private enterprise, Ms Godfrey couldn't have stopped it leaving either). And I know Labour won't stop HS2. Ultimately, she's fought her whole campaign on the four points from that quote and the only one that could change with her election is the closing of children's centres. I feel her campaign has been a negative one, with no on how to how to improve things going forward.

The current MP has worked hard for the town. He's been good at attracting investment, bringing businesses and jobs in to Stafford. He set up a charity in 2010 to help connect people with suitable employers and jobs. He has fought hard to save the hospital from closure and restore services gradually. I'm not about to vote against him on national sentiment alone, not when his closest rival candidate represents everything I despise about politics.

I voted again for what I considered best for my 2 businesses and therefore best for my family & life.
Although Labour had something like a 9000 majority here in 2010 so I doubt it'll make much difference.
Still, blue is such a lovely colour.

Great post which i completely agree with, I will never vote Conservative in my lifetime, how people can vote for David Cameron is beyond me, he's just a horrible human being with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and completely represents the me me me me society we have today.

I can't be the only one who would love someone to wipe that smug look off his face.

Indeed, I would understand people voting Tory if it actually benefited them even if that is a selfish thing I.E. they were earning over about £80k, but the reality is that a large proportion of Tory voters get shafted by them as it's the party of the rich.

Labour.

Sigh. Walked in not really having a set idea, even after days of manifesto reading. Oh well!

First time ever.

UKIP, can't avoid the fact that I agree with a lot of their policies - if I didn't vote for them and went Tory then it would only have been a tactical vote to stop the bloody reds.

Reduce foreign aid until we're in a much stronger (preferably defecit free!) position ourselves, Aussie style points system for immigration, no inheritance tax, kill the HS2 for now (we need to save up for stuff like that we're in no position for such luxuries!) - The list goes on, they have my vote!

UKIP, can't avoid the fact that I agree with a lot of their policies - if I didn't vote for them and went Tory then it would only have been a tactical vote to stop the bloody reds.

Reduce foreign aid until we're in a much stronger (preferably defecit free!) position ourselves, Aussie style points system for immigration, no inheritance tax, kill the HS2 for now (we need to save up for stuff like that we're in no position for such luxuries!) - The list goes on, they have my vote!

Very easy to come up with populist policies when you know you'll never need to actually put them into practice.

What would an Aussie style points system do except INCREASE migration? It's actually fairly difficult to emigrate to the UK if you are not an EU citizen, it's easier for a skilled person to emigrate to Australia than it is the UK.

Have a read yourself, here is how you can emigrate to the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

As you can see, it's fairly difficult unless you meet one of the narrow criteria. There is even a little quiz which basically tells you to get lost unless you've got a work permit, family who live here, etc. What would be so great about an Australian points system?

You must know, otherwise you'd not have cited its introduction as a reason to vote for UKIP?

[TW]Fox;28008221 said:
I find it quite amusing that you have the second highest number of posts in a 'I voted' thread about an election in a country you live thousands of miles away from and therefore didn't vote in.

Actually I sent my vote off some time back!

Well clearly there should be an expectation that MP's while working for whatever constituency, works towards a better and fairer Britain for all.
The Scots decided that wasn't happening so now they are punishing the Labour and Conservatives with their support for the SNP.

If we are not happy with decisions made in the EU parliament we have far less say and influence.

Well clearly there should be an expectation that MEPs while working for whatever country, works towards a better and fairer Europe for all.

[TW]Fox;28008357 said:
Very easy to come up with populist policies when you know you'll never need to actually put them into practice.

What would an Aussie style points system do except INCREASE migration? It's actually fairly difficult to emigrate to the UK if you are not an EU citizen, it's easier for a skilled person to emigrate to Australia than it is the UK.

Have a read yourself, here is how you can emigrate to the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

As you can see, it's fairly difficult unless you meet one of the narrow criteria. There is even a little quiz which basically tells you to get lost unless you've got a work permit, family who live here, etc. What would be so great about an Australian points system?

You must know, otherwise you'd not have cited its introduction as a reason to vote for UKIP?

Indeed, i have several friends with PHDs that couldn't get a UK work permit.

Back
Top Bottom