Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Reducing the Welfare budget should be the goal of any Government. Slash hard I say. That money could be used for far more useful things like returning Defence spending to more appropriate levels.

Yes, but don't punish the disabled and those who really need help.

It's all very well talking about the future, but some severely disabled people don't even have a future and need help now.

Reducing the Welfare budget should be the goal of any Government. Slash hard I say. That money could be used for far more useful things like returning Defence spending to more appropriate levels.

Of course the goal is to have low levels of welfare. However it should be through people not needing welfare, not just by cutting it and letting people suffer.

Labour seem to be saying at the minute that the coalition majority has been wiped out.

Given the coalition currently has about 350 seats they are right if the exit poll pans out. But the conservative contribution increases from 300 seats to 316. The losses are all related to the lib dems (not uncommon with junior partners in coalition).

Even if he does hold on to his seat, what do you think the odds are on Nick being leader of the Lib Dems this time next week if they've lost 47 seats?

Zilch is the answer. Im not even sure he'll be a welcome member of the party.

I think that would be the real shcocker if the exit poll is right.

LDs were expect to get around 27-28, so getting only 1/3rd of that is quite something.

The labour->Tory swing was not at all expected but the difference isn't so big, labour lost 30 marginals to the Tories giving a 60 seat difference to the predictions. Labour would be doing about as well as they did in 2010 despite loosing dozens of seats to the SNP, so for England and wales Labour will have done well enough to at least not be embarassed, unlike the lib dems.

But I am surprised at the exit polls because the labour-tory swing lies way out side the 95% confidence limit of e.g. election-forecast, and the Lib Dems results would be extremely remote. Both the Tory and LD results have something like a fraction of 1% chance of occurring. So the question would be whether the exit poll is more accurate than the professional models by such a large margin. Exit polls always are better than regular polls but this would be a huge difference.

One thing is for sure, if the exit poll is remotely right the pollsters are going to have a lot of explaining to do!

Only party that can really understand realistic economics. The modern UK is a powerhouse in the global financial market and it needs a government that supports it rather than punishes it.

I know it is not popular outside of London but love it or hate it, it is the reality.

We literally cannot afford a Labour government, they just spend spend spend.

Nobody loves the Conservatives, but of what is on offer? They are just the only party that has the closet thing to qualifications to run our country. In 5 years time after the economy is stable again then perhaps we can look at some sensible spending and it will be interesting which party that is.

I suspect if there was someone with some charisma who ran a campaign based on zero negativity about the opposing party and focused on positives combined with sensible realistic plans then they will land slide a victory.

None of the parties understand economics, but pretty much everyone understands it better than the Conservatives. You don't promote growth through austerity, that's madness, and if the exit polls reflect reality the economy will see another five years of stagnation as real wages and quality of life continue to suffer.

Entirely normal that not all parties field a candidate in all constituencies.

Look up online the particular constituency and it will show who was running.

Normal that those are the only choices for general as well?

I know there is only the 2 representatives running locally for that constituency - but I remember they were talking about it at work and then seeing the posts about limited choices checked with those I have on FB and they claim they could only vote for those 2 for both local and general.

Can't see it being significant enough a number to be anything suspicious anyhow just seems a bit odd to me.

Given the coalition currently has about 350 seats they are right if the exit poll pans out. But the conservative contribution increases from 300 seats to 316. The losses are all related to the lib dems (not uncommon with junior partners in coalition).

Glad I am not the only one who sees it like that.

Edward miliband = pathetic ****. And that's the c word by the way. End of story. You're not supposed to vote on a 'figurehead' in uk politics, but of course you do! Could you really see this specific human being running a country?

Back
Top Bottom