*** The Official iOS 12 Thread ***

Soldato
My iPad Pro 10.5 battery runs out a lot quicker on iOS 12. Was easily getting a days use with some spare now I’m flat by 6pm. Have had a look through settings and everything is off and as was before.....

Soldato
My iPad Pro 10.5 battery runs out a lot quicker on iOS 12. Was easily getting a days use with some spare now I’m flat by 6pm. Have had a look through settings and everything is off and as was before.....
I heard that it can be bad a few days after upgrading as the new OS installation needs to index stuff which can be taxing on the battery life. Maybe give it a week and see how it goes ?

Soldato

I heard that it can be bad a few days after upgrading as the new OS installation needs to index stuff which can be taxing on the battery life. Maybe give it a week and see how it goes ?

yes this is true - its redoing the file structure, should be normal in a few days again

Associate
So far for me, on an iPad Pro 10.5, I’m not yet that keen on the new gestures. You have to be slow and deliberate to pull the bar up without dumping yourself back on the home screen. Also getting to the overview screen seems to take more finesse on the part of the user too, whereas I could recklessly just swipe up before. I also preferred the control centre where it was now its just another thing to remember, not hard, but a pointless change. Only one I like is the next/previous app gesture but even so it’ll take me a while before it’s natural.

Non-centred clock, just looks a little odd, although not the end of the world.

Haven’t noticed any speed improvement but then it was already very fast anyway - actually if anything I’ve noticed more skipped frames now than before.

The News app has annoyed me enough to find a replacement; I primarily use my tablet in landscape mode as I have the keyboard, but now there’s a permanent sidebar on it and to get rid, you have to use portrait, which involves holding it, which I really CBA to do. So I’m now ironically using Google News.

Not a terrible update, but one with more downsides than up for me.

Soldato
Have updated both my devices. 8+ and a mini 4. Both of them feel quicker. Safari pages render faster.

I certianly haven't noticed any problems with battery life. I factory reset my ipad before update and that's held it's charge at about 50% since this morning. My phone, although it's not really been used is still at 100% and was charged about 4 hours ago.

Soldato

This is great, definitely going to update my mum's 6 Plus from 10.3.3

Minor thing, I noticed bluetooth symbol no longer displays on screen if enabled, I always keep it off when I'm not using it, so did not realise it was on after the update.

Is this on a pre-X model? This is the kind of stuff that had driven me nuts on the X this last year. Why tf are they hiding useful information? Especially on the X form factor when you've got more screen real estate to work with, it's all tucked away in the control center because of this stupid notch.

Issues with this that affected me when first getting my X is the following missing icons from the lockscreen:

Do not disturb moon
VPN active icon
Exact battery percentage
Location activity icon
Bluetooth icon (I think?)

It's so freaking stupid given the screen real estate, and accentuated by the extra difficulty of checking this info by requiring a two handed operation to view the new control center.

Soldato
Is this on a pre-X model? This is the kind of stuff that had driven me nuts on the X this last year. Why tf are they hiding useful information? Especially on the X form factor when you've got more screen real estate to work with, it's all tucked away in the control center because of this stupid notch.

Issues with this that affected me when first getting my X is the following missing icons from the lockscreen:

Do not disturb moon
VPN active icon
Exact battery percentage
Location activity icon
Bluetooth icon (I think?)

It's so freaking stupid given the screen real estate, and accentuated by the extra difficulty of checking this info by requiring a two handed operation to view the new control center.

Can't speak for all models but its no longer showing on the 8 and SE.

Associate
ios 12 update on my iPad Mini 2 brought improvements on smoothness and responsiveness. Same goes for my iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5. Although I did notice worse battery standby on the iPad Pro.

Soldato
The extra options you get when you hold the do not disturb moon icon is not working on my iPhone 8.
Is there another way of doing it on the 8 as holding the icon on my SE brings up the new options.

Soldato
Latest Waze working with Apple CarPlay is up on the app store :cool: (I've been beta testing it with iOS12 & baring a few little glitches that were ironed out quickly it's been all good):)
Does it navigate properly now or does it still take you on stupid detours up and down slips roads on the motorway. :p

Ever since google bought it it’s slowly gone down hill. Ironically google maps navigates has no speed camera alerts :(

Soldato
Does it navigate properly now or does it still take you on stupid detours up and down slips roads on the motorway. :p

Ever since google bought it it’s slowly gone down hill. Ironically google maps navigates has no speed camera alerts :(

Haven't noticed any issues. I still use Apple maps now and again and find it slick, but missing the alerts that Waze gives you.

Associate
Not an iOS 12 issue but is there anyway I can update apps where the update is greater than 150MB on mobile data? I have 100GB per month so don’t care about updates using data.

Back
Top Bottom