*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Soldato
Hi all, any idea on how to get ring tones to work properly on 13.2? I have 2 numbers iv assigned sos over ride to - meaning before it updated no matter what even if my phone was on silent id get txt notifications and the assigned text noise going off ALWAYS (what i want) - its not doing it now, even more so the usual text msg 'ping' or notification also fails now, also on my friends phone he said he's missed several msgs even though the phone was on loud.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Is Emergency Bypass activated still for both calls and messages? I had to reactive one of mine but not another - just done this now as your message prompted me to check.

Yeah i disabled and enabled it again on calls and msgs and still doesn't work!

I'm liking apple are releasing a lot of stuff lately but their really messing up on quality control

Soldato
just came out of it, and went back in and now its lost ALL the ringtone settings and not even showing the text alarm tone.

Just wonderful this apple, in 3 attempts its broke 3/3 times, how on earth do they mess up such a basic function ?

Associate
It's pretty impressive that they have done so many updates in such a short time to be honest. At least it proves they are being proactive in bug fixes... and adding emojis hahaha

Soldato
It's pretty impressive that they have done so many updates in such a short time to be honest. At least it proves they are being proactive in bug fixes... and adding emojis hahaha

Nope, it’s further evidence that Apple’s SW QA process is horribly broken. Insane parallel SW train programmes that outstripped Apple’s test capabilities years ago.

Soldato
I have to disagree there, the amount of hardware that they have vs software they need to develop in such a short space of time.

When you have the same number of people as they did 5 years ago (non-US headcount has been capped for years) testing the current SW version, the next SW version and possible single issue fix SW builds on iOS, iPad iOS and Watch OS; you’re getting the basic functionality plus the last big issue being tested on 2-3 representative networks if you’re lucky.

And that’s before we even talk about the ever-growing matrix of iOS devices plus 2020 and 2021 prototypes.

Permabanned
When you have the same number of people as they did 5 years ago (non-US headcount has been capped for years) testing the current SW version, the next SW version and possible single issue fix SW builds on iOS, iPad iOS and Watch OS; you’re getting the basic functionality plus the last big issue being tested on 2-3 representative networks if you’re lucky.

And that’s before we even talk about the ever-growing matrix of iOS devices plus 2020 and 2021 prototypes.

I think they are doing well to be fair. These products are massive in terms of development.

Back
Top Bottom