*** The Official iOS 15 Thread ***

Soldato
Installing the 15 update on my Xs. Over 1.5hrs so far and its now at 'Preparing Update'. This is taking hilariously long. I've seen some comical iPad homescreen screenshots so I'm holding out on updating my iPad Pro for now.

Caporegime
Am trying it via iTunes on Windows 10 for my iPad mini now as an alternative and it seems to have downloaded within 20 minutes. Now just spending an age backing up...

Caporegime
Major disaster time. My iPad mini has crashed during installation and now needs a complete reinstall. Which means I've lost the app for all my two-factor authentication websites. This may turn out to be the biggest catastrophe in my computing life so far. :D

And now I've got this which means I'm going to have to completely reinstall Windows 10 as well.
ldcc9wZ.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Major disaster time. My iPad mini has crashed during installation and now needs a complete reinstall. Which means I've lost the app for all my two-factor authentication websites. This may turn out to be the biggest catastrophe in my computing life so far. :D

And now I've got this which means I'm going to have to completely reinstall Windows 10 as well.
ldcc9wZ.png
I've got this since trying to install iTunes 12.12 on my windows 10 desktop. All the articles i've googled seem to be from 2011 and 2013... have they released a bugged version of iTunes? (not that iTunes is ever any good, but this is taking the biscuit)

Edit:

Uninstalling itunes, then Apple Software Update, Apple mobile Device Support and Bonjour, then reinstalling the previous version seems to fix it. So i'll keep clear of 12.12 for a while, or until the next 'update'.

---------------
Question regarding iOS 15 itself...

With the updates to notifications, is it intended behaviour that messaging such as Whatsapp no longer shows the number of messages that someone has sent in a period of time before you open them on the notification/lock screen?
e.g. iOS 14 used to show something like:
<Name> n messages.
Now it just shows <name> and that it's a whatsapp notification with no indicative number of messages.

Last edited:
Soldato
On my XS I am notice general animation lag for the first time ever. Swiping out of an app back to home screen for instance. These were observations after install though so it could have been performing background indexing tasks etc. I've just switched it off and on for the first time so I'll report back later.

Not liking the Safari changes I must admit. The tab bar being at the bottom is highly odd and difficult to adjust to after all these years.

Soldato
On my XS I am notice general animation lag for the first time ever. Swiping out of an app back to home screen for instance. These were observations after install though so it could have been performing background indexing tasks etc. I've just switched it off and on for the first time so I'll report back later.

Not liking the Safari changes I must admit. The tab bar being at the bottom is highly odd and difficult to adjust to after all these years.
You can change the tab bar back to the top via settings

Soldato
Ah you're a star, thank you. It's nice to know we have a choice so I'll stick to the new bar for now and see how things pan out. Not going to update my iPad Pro just yet tbh.
No worries ! I actually think you get more viewable screen if you use the bottom tabs bar instead of the old one at the top hm.

Soldato
I never installed the beta/dev ios15 on my iPhone but did on my iPad.

What a difference it’s made for safari browsing on the smaller screen. Should have went for the beta ages ago.

My phone updated no bother yesterday. Some of the times to update are insane.

Back
Top Bottom