*** The Official iOS 15 Thread ***

Soldato
I seem to have lost App badges, on most apps apart from email.

I get a pop up about messages/missed calls, but if i swipe that off there's no indication i have unopened messages it seems. Any way to get that back?

Also not a fan of the Safari bar being at the bottom now, but imagine it's handy for people with the big phones.

Man of Honour
Odd bug since upgrading my iPhone 8. It now says the storage is almost full on the phone even though there is 30% or so free? I rebooted the phone but still says it. Odd but am changing to 13 mini soon so not a big deal.

You can change the Safari bar to the top again, first thing I did :)

Soldato
Odd bug since upgrading my iPhone 8. It now says the storage is almost full on the phone even though there is 30% or so free? I rebooted the phone but still says it. Odd but am changing to 13 mini soon so not a big deal.

You can change the Safari bar to the top again, first thing I did :)

Well known bug going by all the stuff on Reddit/mac rumours, suspect it’ll get sorted in the first patch.

Soldato
Finding the lack of grouping / totalling of WhatsApp unread message notifications irritating still. Seems like a strange design choice to me unless it’s a bug.

Otherwise, liking the privacy controls :)

Soldato
Only bugbear right now is my Xs feels randomly laggy on close animations. I’ll have a better idea of issues since it is the weekend and the time I use the phone the most.

I did notice the phone felt a lot warmer on journeys to and fro from work but that could have been the weather.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Super Agent is a nice extension.

You set your preferences for cookies I.e you can set it to “functional only” or “allow advertising” and then when you visit a website it automatically accepts or rejects the cookie prompt without having to do anything.

No more mashing “accept all” because you cba to answer some nonsense questions about tracking etc.

Man of Honour
Super Agent is a nice extension.

You set your preferences for cookies I.e you can set it to “functional only” or “allow advertising” and then when you visit a website it automatically accepts or rejects the cookie prompt without having to do anything.

No more mashing “accept all” because you cba to answer some nonsense questions about tracking etc.
Nice, I’ve been looking for something like this.

With that said Safari does a decent job by itself in terms of tracking prevention however the pop ups are massively annoying. It’s probably my most hated things about browsing the web shortly after auto playing videos.

Man of Honour
What I will say about Super Agent is many years ago when I used a similar extension for Chrome it could break some websites, so if you experience oddness add it to the whitelist.

Soldato
DND/Focus is broken.

I'm just using the basic DND focus mode, timed between midnight and 6am to stop my phone waking me in the night.

So far it's completely failed to come out of DND mode at 6am one morning and twice now my watch has remained in DND mode whilst the phone hasn't.

Apple's software QC is utter garbage and has been for years. It used to be the case that you could update to a new version of iOS on day one, confident it had been properly tested and would 'just work'. Nowadays I never do and always hang on for a few weeks to wait for the inevitable issues to be found and hopefully fixed.

Hand was forced this time by new phone purchase which obviously came with iOS 15.

Back
Top Bottom