*** The Official iOS 17 Thread ***

Soldato
I’ve had a really weird persistent bug since I got my 14 Pro Max.

If I go on YouTube after having safari open, and I full screen a video, the orientation of it flips.

So with rotation locked, I have to turn the phone sideways to the left, but sometimes the video will flip upside down.

Never had it on my 12 PM, gf doesn’t have it on her 13 and I’ve still got the issue on iOS 17, even though I did a clean update and didn’t restore from backup. Was the main reason I did the clean install as it’s driving me mad.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Anyone help me out, in the mail app I’ve been sent a url link via text but since this update I can’t copy the link - I can click on it but I can’t copy it. It would be handy to be able to copy the link so I can see what it is.

If I press and hold onto it, it doesn’t do anything. At all. If I highlight the text and click copy it just copies the actual wording of it.

Man of Honour
Anyone help me out, in the mail app I’ve been sent a url link via text but since this update I can’t copy the link - I can click on it but I can’t copy it. It would be handy to be able to copy the link so I can see what it is.

If I press and hold onto it, it doesn’t do anything. At all. If I highlight the text and click copy it just copies the actual wording of it.
Screenshot it and then copy the link from the photo.

Soldato
Since updating to iOS 17 in Safari the time, network info, battery state, etc. sometimes disappears. Or I guess it turns white on a grey background so you can’t see it. On iPhone SE 2nd gen.

Soldato
Bank balances coming to the wallet app soon - nice! Initial banks are Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, RBS, Monzo, and Starling.

Is this the first ever feature in iOS that’s UK specific?

Last edited:
Permabanned

There’s probably been features that have had to have UK-specific implementations (e.g. showing the TfL logo for tube stations in Apple Maps) but this the first UK-only feature that I can remember.

Very cool and a huge win for Open Banking.

Soldato
Bank balances coming to the wallet app soon - nice! Initial banks are Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, RBS, Monzo, and Starling.

Oh cool. I have accounts with HSBC and Starling so this'll be useful.

Associate
17.0.3 is out, apparently it fixes some of the overheating issues but looking at some youtube reviews and doesnt seem the case.

Though some people are claiming battery life and overheating has improved, so may be a case by case situation

Soldato
I swear there are so many features on my phone that I have no idea about. Like yesterday I was really surprised when I found out touch to transfer worked for songs so I didn't even need to AirDrop.

Does anyone know if there is an encyclopedia which just lists all the features? If not I'll make one myself.

Soldato
Been really happy with 17.0.3 so far.

iPhone 14PM has felt the quickest it has been. Battery life seems better too.

Still got a persistent bug though, which is that apps don’t seem to stay in memory long at all, and opening them again causes different issues.

With YouTube, if I full screen a video it’ll flip upside down.

Spotify and Sonos seems to reset back to home page quite a lot of the time. Annoying if I have a playlist open and want to pick a new song. I have to re open the playlist.

I spoke to Apple support but they’re adamant it’s the apps. But I’ve not had the issue with other devices and they’ve been persistent since the day I got the phone. Even a full reset and setup from new didn’t fix them.

Keyboard still sucks though. Still corrects words which I’ve typed correctly to something else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom