*** The Official iPad (Early 2012) Thread ***

Soldato
Apple does have an event booked in at the 'usual' location for that date.
According to a mate the companies network has several 'executive meetings' scheduled for the days leading to it as well.

In addition, iTunes is set for maintenance on that day and the Apple TV has been discontinued signalling the idea that 1080p content is on the way.

Either way .. gonna be hard to keep cash in pocket since I'm still using an iPad 1!

Soldato
I really wanted an iPad for Christmas but held off due to the rumours surrounding the iPad 3 with a high resolution retina display sold it to me instantly. The difference that addition made to the iPhone when it was introduced was fantastic.

Money is at the ready roll on March! :D:cool:

Man of Honour
Why do you want an even higher resolution for a big screen'd iPhone? My iPad 2 is fine. I would like to see a reduction in backlight bleed and better camera's... but TBH I hardly find myself using it. If I have my phone and iPad to hand I tend to pick up the phone.

ATV3 with 1080p support is my bet anyway.

Soldato
An Apple TV capable of 1080p would be awesome!

If the iPad 3 gets Retina Display, will app developers have to update all of their graphics again or will it just bring it inline with the iPhone 4S?

Soldato
Why do you want an even higher resolution for a big screen'd iPhone? My iPad 2 is fine. I would like to see a reduction in backlight bleed and better camera's... but TBH I hardly find myself using it.

Backlight bleed? Are you joking - never seen any backlight bleed on an iPad.

Higher resolution would make the iPad much more functional and more pleasing to the eye.

Soldato
If the iPad 3 gets Retina Display, will app developers have to update all of their graphics again or will it just bring it inline with the iPhone 4S?

Its simply doubling the resolution of the current display so all apps will work natively just like the 3GS -> 4 did. Just might look a bit ugly

Higher resolution would make the iPad much more functional and more pleasing to the eye.

Was reports of the iPad 2 havingt backlight bleed issues and people on here had the same problem. Agreed on making it more pleasing to the eye. Really like the iPad but the screen put me off, retina on it will be amazing

Soldato
Been waiting on this one... that and the iphone 5 when ever info should rise from that...

This! Well as long as it has double the res then I'll be passing the iPad 2 on to family and getting the 3. Also skipped the 4S and stayed with the 4 so planning to get the 5 this year.

Also sold the MBP and holding out for either IvyBridge Airs or possibly a new MBP if it gets an Air like redesign.

There were lots of problems with backlight bleed for the first 3-4 months last year. I purchased my 2 after 6 months when most of it had been sorted but the screens I believe were being sourced by two companies and the LG ones were having the most problems with consistency*

Back
Top Bottom