*** The Official iPad (Early 2012) Thread ***

Very strange - i've personally had five iPad 2's (from launch and since then) and 2 iPad's (from launch and approx 6m afterwards) and none of them have ever had backlight bleed.

if its anything like the ipad 2, exactly the same as the current models.
I think you are expecting too much for the price to remain the same.
The iPad 2 was a small upgrade in the form of a CPU bump and a couple of cameras which cost about 5 pence.

Rumoured iPad3 is a very high end screen, new CPU/GPU, more RAM, significantly better cameras, faster networking and a bigger battery.

I'm thinking entry level devices to cost from £500.

the Apple TV has been discontinued signalling the idea that 1080p content is on the way.
The ATV2 is still available to buy on the Apple store

Last edited:
The iPad 2 was a small upgrade in the form of a CPU bump and a couple of cameras which cost about 5 pence.

Rumoured iPad3 is a very high end screen, new CPU/GPU, more RAM, significantly better cameras, faster networking and a bigger battery.

What?!

From iPad 1 > 2:

Massively improved performance with the new CPU/GPU.
Double the RAM.
From no cameras to two.

There was a massive jump in performance, which is clear to anyone who owns both. I'm expecting the same again, but this time with a new screen plonked on top of it.

My point still stands - the iPad 3 is not going to get a similar update and an extra high end screen, for the same price as current models.

iPad 2 is cheaper then the iPad 1 as well, Apple rarely change the pricing do they? So can't see it being much different.. We will find out shortly, got my money waiting anyway as I've sold my iPad 1. Missing it after 2 days :p

My point still stands - the iPad 3 is not going to get a similar update and an extra high end screen, for the same price as current models.

I agree, I read on mac rumours that the price of the screens is huge due to yield problems compared to the current screens used in iPad 2.

I'm quite happy with my 4 month old iPad 2 however a better screen might tempt me to chop it in.

Apparently MacRumors have got hold of an iPad 3 screen and confirmed it is indeed double the resolution. Its going to be an(other) expensive Apple year for me.

I think you are expecting too much for the price to remain the same.

I'm thinking entry level devices to cost from £500.

They did the same with the bump from the 3GS to the Iphone 4. Still the same prices.

The technology for the Iphone 4 was expensive when it came out. We'd all heard about how much R&D went into the retina display, the gorilla glass, getting the white iphone right etc..

But the price was still the same.

The ipad 3 will be no different in my opinion.

Are new Apple products like the iPads released on like a midnight launch or when the shop opens?

The apple stores open in the morning

But some of the apple stockists like the purple shirted people opened on mid night i think.

I'll keep my iPad 2 if that's the only major upgrade. Whilst if I was buying now, I'd obviously wait for iPad 3, it just doesn't seem like a big enough jump to justify an upgrade.

kd

Are you mad? This upgrade is monumental in scale. Think greater than 1080p resolution in 9.7 inches. The iphone 4 display was great but the sheer number of pixels on something this size is definitely something to get excited about. The dell 30 inch 2560x1600 was released in 2006, now we're finally get near that resolution on a freaking tablet! That's amazing!!! Every year there are processor upgrades... boring as %£*!. Yeah it's a little bit faster and smoother... woooh.... so what. I can open my browser a millisecond faster, who gives a toss. Most of the time you need a benchmark program to realise the actual difference. Well there's ain't no benchmark needed but your own eyes for this.

This is a once decade kind of progression. Or at least the start of some hyper pixel resolution development in the future. Considering the pixel stagnation for the past decade. This is very exciting. I can't wait for iPad 3. This is what the iPad 2 should have been! :cool:

Are you mad? This upgrade is monumental in scale. Think greater than 1080p resolution in 9.7 inches. The iphone 4 display was great but the sheer number of pixels on something this size is definitely something to get excited about. The dell 30 inch 2560x1600 was released in 2006, now we're finally get near that resolution on a freaking tablet! That's amazing!!! Every year there are processor upgrades... boring as %£*!. Yeah it's a little bit faster and smoother... woooh.... so what. I can open my browser a millisecond faster, who gives a toss. Most of the time you need a benchmark program to realise the actual difference. Well there's ain't no benchmark needed but your own eyes for this.

This is a once decade kind of progression. Or at least the start of some hyper pixel resolution development in the future. Considering the pixel stagnation for the past decade. This is very exciting. I can't wait for iPad 3.

good post!

except for this:
This is what the iPad 2 should of been! :cool:

it's 'have', not 'of' I'd like to of a Ferrari one day. It's the wrong word.

Back
Top Bottom