Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I think this is the right place to ask so... i've got a Samsung S20 (the non 5g one) and my contract with sky is up so i've got options for getting something else. Prior to the s20 i think i had an s9 so have used samsungs for a while. From the android suite of stuff the only google specific things are google calendar and mail so i don't think i'm tied in on anything as such.
Choices seem to be:
Keep what i've got pay peanuts a month
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel 9
Iphone 15 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23

They all seem pretty much the same price, on skys site comparing the iphone models seems easy but not comparing the different brands.
The main uses will be picture taking of interesting scenes (this is at the bottom of my street which i took on my current phone: https://ibb.co/0rgp8jq), taking pictures of the family.
Playing the odd game but nothing draining and i do watch an awful lot of netflix on my phone.

I get this thread will be biased a bit but worth asking.

Thanks
Ben

I think this is the right place to ask so... i've got a Samsung S20 (the non 5g one) and my contract with sky is up so i've got options for getting something else. Prior to the s20 i think i had an s9 so have used samsungs for a while. From the android suite of stuff the only google specific things are google calendar and mail so i don't think i'm tied in on anything as such.
Choices seem to be:
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel 9
Iphone 15 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23

They all seem pretty much the same price, on skys site comparing the iphone models seems easy but not comparing the different brands.
The main uses will be picture taking of interesting scenes (this is at the bottom of my street which i took on my current phone: https://ibb.co/0rgp8jq), taking pictures of the family.
Playing the odd game but nothing draining and i do watch an awful lot of netflix on my phone.

Thanks
Ben
Regardless of what you decide in the end I highly recommend you wait till September the 10th as a new iPhone is meant to be released then. Even if you don't get it I think it is worthwhile waiting just to make sure you are not missing out on anything critical.

Last edited:
Choices seem to be:
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel 9
Iphone 15 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23

Thanks
Ben

Photography, go with a pixel.

If videos then iPhone.

What's the deal with screen on time? I have took my phone off charge about half 6 and used it probably only 10 mind if that .

I looks at battery, pressed last 8 days and choose today and it says 29m it seems like it's over exaggerated my screen on time.

I know the responses in this thread might be a bit biased but I'm in the market for a new phone. I think it's between the S24 and the iPhone 15 (I want to avoid the pixels as they seem to have all sorts of issues)

I'm not a power user, but I walk my dog a lot and a good camera would be brilliant

I've usually always been an Android user and only really had budget phones, so the iPhone 15 will be a big step up for me. How's the battery in the standard iPhone 15, is it enough to get through a full day in normal use

Cheers

I know the responses in this thread might be a bit biased but I'm in the market for a new phone. I think it's between the S24 and the iPhone 15 (I want to avoid the pixels as they seem to have all sorts of issues)

I'm not a power user, but I walk my dog a lot and a good camera would be brilliant

I've usually always been an Android user and only really had budget phones, so the iPhone 15 will be a big step up for me. How's the battery in the standard iPhone 15, is it enough to get through a full day in normal use

Cheers

Yes, easily.

I didn't realise the iphone 16 was so close to release so I'll probably get that instead
There isn't a huge difference between the 15 Pro and the 16 Pro, lots of decent deals on the 15 Pro should be available now. Unless of course you want the latest and greatest.

The non-Pro 16 bridges the gap to the 16 Pro from what I've seen.

There isn't a huge difference between the 15 Pro and the 16 Pro, lots of decent deals on the 15 Pro should be available now. Unless of course you want the latest and greatest.

The non-Pro 16 bridges the gap to the 16 Pro from what I've seen.

Yeah, a good price on a 15 pro would be nice. Can't see any deals at the moment but I'll keep an eye out :D

I'm looking for a screen protector for my son's new iPhone 15, preferably one that is easy to install. Any suggestions?
I installed mine when I got my 15 Pro Max on release so I can’t recall how easy it was - it certainly wasn’t difficult and I got it first time with no issues. Functionally I’ve found these to be great:

Back
Top Bottom