Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
So I've side stepped from S24 Ultra to iPhone 15 pro max to try it out as it's on O2 Switch up, so can upgrade again in 3 months.

However the backup didn't work, now I can download contacts from google, but is there anyway to download my Whatsapp backup without the other phone? Or move the backup to iCloud? There must be some way?

So I've side stepped from S24 Ultra to iPhone 15 pro max to try it out as it's on O2 Switch up, so can upgrade again in 3 months.

However the backup didn't work, now I can download contacts from google, but is there anyway to download my Whatsapp backup without the other phone? Or move the backup to iCloud? There must be some way?

I don’t think there is, WhatsApp is a pain when migrating between Android/iOS.

I don't think you can, you have to connect the phones together by usb and transfer whatapp that way. I believe it's to do with how the encryption works different on both OSs or something.

I found out as been thinking about swapping from s23u to an iPhone and I asked a friend about how the process works as he recently did the same.

He said the only pain in the you know what was the transferring of whatsapp backups to iphone. Due to the above reasons.

Wonder if I could extra the backup on a pc?

On another note I do find the screen easier to read than the S24 Ultra, especially at minimum brightness the S24 Ultras felt sickly.

The brightness of the iPhone doesn't seem lower as well? The glare doesn't seem any worse too.

The UI seems much smoother?

I think I like the phone

Last edited:
Wonder if I could extra the backup on a pc?

On another note I do find the screen easier to read than the S24 Ultra, especially at minimum brightness the S24 Ultras felt sickly.

The brightness of the iPhone doesn't seem lower as well? The glare doesn't seem any worse too.

The UI seems much smoother?

I think I like the phone
It’s a slippery slope. You’ll have an iPad and Mac soon enough.

Transferring WhatsApp backups between the 2 OS’s is a pain. From iOS to Android is doable, which I did recently. But to go from android to iOS, I’ve yet to find a way that doesn’t cost money.

Well last night was impressive I ended the day on 7.5 hours of SoT, my battery was at 29%

Does the always on display that is literally fully on count towards that?

I honestly think when the iPhone 16 comes out I might want it, or if I wait for s25 ultra it'll be a really critical view to determine what device to get.

Well last night was impressive I ended the day on 7.5 hours of SoT, my battery was at 29%

Does the always on display that is literally fully on count towards that?

I honestly think when the iPhone 16 comes out I might want it, or if I wait for s25 ultra it'll be a really critical view to determine what device to get.

AoD doesn’t count towards screen on time.

Battery life has been one of the biggest pluses for me since switching from Android

Any tips for the camera ? Or is it just not as good as S24?

Generally I'm happy at the initial pictures but when you zoom in the pictures they seem to loose detail quicker ?

Stick to the specific zoom ranges. The in between zoom ranges are digital. So on the Pro x0.5, x1, x2, x3 (x5 on the Max). x2 is technically digital but it’s using the middle part of the 48mp sensor.

Thanks, how do the digitals zooms above 5 do? Think in S24 up to 25x was passable.

And what is raw Max HEIF? Is that basically compressed 48mp?

On the Max the x5 looks good up to x10 from what I’ve seen.

HEIF Max keeps the file in 48mp and doesn’t do pixel binning down to 24mp from what I recall.

Back
Top Bottom