Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Soldato
It does feel nice but I can guarantee the moment I take mine out the case I will break it somehow. Even with AppleCare mines staying in a case with screen protector…lol

Soldato
Has anyone else noticed their battery draining a little quicker than usual this past week or so?
No obvious reason in the battery menu although Safari does seem to feature much more prominently and I don’t think I’ve been using it any more than usual. When this has happened in the past it’s usually been due to an update or something. Still at 100% capacity so battery itself is fine.

15 Pro Max by the way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone else noticed their battery draining a little quicker than usual this past week or so?
No obvious reason in the battery menu although Safari does seem to feature much more prominently and I don’t think I’ve been using it any more than usual. When this has happened in the past it’s usually been due to an update or something. Still at 100% capacity so battery itself is fine.

15 Pro Max by the way.

New phones out soon ;)

Associate
15pro is the first iphone that I've bothered putting in a case. I do miss the way the phone very easily slipped into my jeans pocket.

Case needed as I took up reading since the beginning of the year, and a case with a kick stand makes things so much easier for that.

Soldato
iPhone XR is totally full and starting to slow down considerably. Pressed the button on a 15 pro with 512Gb in blue. Yay!

Any thoughts on cases? Are there any clear ones that don’t get horribly yellowed and dusty underneath? Tempted to just get the equivalent one that I’ve got now for the 15 (Spigen rubberised). My XR seems to have survived well in it so might be worth getting another.

I guess a USB-C charger is much of a muchness? Going to need to upgrade those too.

Soldato
iPhone XR is totally full and starting to slow down considerably. Pressed the button on a 15 pro with 512Gb in blue. Yay!

Any thoughts on cases? Are there any clear ones that don’t get horribly yellowed and dusty underneath? Tempted to just get the equivalent one that I’ve got now for the 15 (Spigen rubberised). My XR seems to have survived well in it so might be worth getting another.

I guess a USB-C charger is much of a muchness? Going to need to upgrade those too.
People will disagree, but the official Apple silicon cases are great and if/when they fail email them and they replace even after 2 years.

For chargers & cables but a reputable brand otherwise you are asking for trouble. Only last week on a train back from the airport I saw a guy's cheap no brand charger explode and fly across the trains floor.

Soldato
I use an ESR case from Amazon it fits nice and decent protection but not too big. I have a blue one and a clear as they sent me both for some reason. The clear is still clear but I have not had them very long.

I use a Ugreen wireless stand to charge overnight it doubles up as a clock/Alarm when on the stand.

Soldato
God damn I love Apple tech. Held my new phone next to my old phone, everything transferred over wirelessly and without any hassle. With the new case being the same as the old case it's all very familiar. The 15 pro is extremely snappy at first look. Can't wait to use the camera!

Soldato
Pitaka case here. Very minimal case. (Like there is no case actually on the phone)

Last edited:
Associate
I had been looking to upgrade from my iphone Xs to a 15 after the new phones are released in the autumn. But with Apple going all in to make AI an integrated, vital part of the phone O/S does that not kill the product stack below the 15Pro for buyers of new and refurbished phones?

Or perhaps they will become cheaper to buy having lost access to the indispensable;) features of the newer phones.

Plus there is the EU vs Apple DMA/AI situation brewing. Wonder who will back down first.

An EU ban on selling Apple phones in coming?

Guess I'll wait and see what the iPhone 16 range brings for the UK.

Back
Top Bottom