• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Availability will be restricted if reports of them only being able to produce around 10,000 units a day are true - at their peak a new device is usually selling in the 6 figures per day worldwide. Hopefully it's successor won't suffer the same issues.

Soldato
Really impressed with the battery life, it was on 57% when I went to bed last night, didn’t charge it over night and woke up to it on 54%.

That was all apps closed and on WiFi.

Associate
Hey all, just had my 8+ delivered and need to get a case and screen protectors. What would you guys recommend? Are IP7+ cases the same size? Will they fit the 8+

What have you guys gone for in terms of cases and protection?

Soldato
Soldato
iphone 7 case's do fit, i popped into our local vodaphone and got a 20 quid one then remembered about wireless charging, luckily though it works through the case

manufacture is survivor, clear with clear bumpers doesn't bloat the phone out much either

Permabanned
I’m happy with my 8 Plus. Battery has been great today, love true tone, the speed increase is nice, camera is a nice step up, I like the glass back, wireless charging is a nice bonus, speakers are definitely louder and clearer. Can’t really fault it.

Apart from the fancy screen I can’t see what I’m gaining if I went to an X. It will have less battery life, Face ID looks less convenient and the keyboard is the same size as an 8, I prefer the larger keyboard of the plus.

Soldato
Really impressed with the battery life, it was on 57% when I went to bed last night, didn’t charge it over night and woke up to it on 54%.

That was all apps closed and on WiFi.
Have I read somewhere that you can't fully switch off Bluetooth and Wi-fi any more.

Soldato
I’ll buy the official Apple fast charger when it’s available, I’ll stick with the cable for now and pass the charger on to someone else.

Why waste your money on a fast charger from Apple, when there are about a zillion others that will do the same job for 1/10 of the price, go find a nice Anker, they make quality products.
"
Fast Charger, Anker USB Charger 18W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 1 for Galaxy S8 / S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Google Pixel, Note 4 / 5, LG G4, Sony Xperia XZ, Nexus 6, Huawei, iPhone and More"

£10!!!!

Soldato
Why waste your money on a fast charger from Apple, when there are about a zillion others that will do the same job for 1/10 of the price, go find a nice Anker, they make quality products.
"
Fast Charger, Anker USB Charger 18W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 1 for Galaxy S8 / S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Google Pixel, Note 4 / 5, LG G4, Sony Xperia XZ, Nexus 6, Huawei, iPhone and More"

£10!!!!

I bought a £17 Anker wireless charger yesterday and it’s ****, took an hour to charge 5%.

Supposed to wirelessly charge the iPhone 8/8+ and iPhone 10.

Also if it’s amazon, just link it.

Soldato
Wireless is limited to maximum of 5w.

EDIT: Also, wtf happened to the sizes? I made it bold, not HUGE!

2nd EDIT: Youu'll probably be wanting the USB-PD 29w+ chargers that use Type-C to get the most from the phone quick charging ability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom