Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Mobster
Soldato
What’s the screen on time you are getting?

Almost every smartphone quotes great battery life but as soon as the screen comes on you can throw that out the window regardless of brand.

When I got the train to work I would use 40-50% in the 1 hour 40 I was on the train (all screen on) but less than 10% when I was working for 8 hours.

I had the screen off for most of the journey, had Spotify on in the background. Occasional bit of Snapchat.

In London, lots of Snapchat but signal was great. Often had the phone down with screen off in between as well.

Probably two hours SOT in total? iOS doesn’t tell you which is stupid.

I’ve got a OnePlus 6 I run beside it which lost about 20% in the same time the iPhone lost 80%. I’m not expecting those levels but by 3PM is terrible, no better than my SE was.

The only saving grace is how much faster this thing charges. Even without USB-C I can get a decent charge back in half an hour from a portable battery. But I shouldn’t have to do that.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Could it be snapchat. Quick google shows numerous articles about it using a lot of power, especially in the background?

Possibly mate but background drain really isn't that terrible. And in fact I did a fresh install and hadn't installed Snapchat and had the same issue. I just think the battery life isn't very long-lasting in general, which others have said is normal.

If I have to modify my usage to get the battery to last, the battery life isn't good enough.

Soldato
Nope they won't do anything as the health is at 100%. Utterly useless Apple Support are these days.

x2. I've been trying to get my Apple I.D unlocked as I forgot the details. It shows as 5 days remaining. Spoke to support on the chat and he abruptly just diverted me to the call process, which I've already gone through...

Soldato
Do you have Facebook and Facebook messenger installed? Both are known to wreck the battery.

Are you listening to Music? I find Bluetooth audio uses way more battery than headphones on my 6S.

Back
Top Bottom