• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I'm using the Gear 4 Battersea for my XS Max, they do an XS version too
https://www.gear4.com/battersea-iphone-plus-2018/

Used the same case for the X. Adds loads of protection and it's low profile so doesn't add much to the size of the phone.

I've tried the Apple Leather cases before and they are just garbage imo. They look awful after a couple of months of being in your pockets (unless you get black) and are really slippy.
Well it’s been another expensive day for me. Had to go back and trade my iPhone 6s today, got £75 for it so used that for store credit. I then went and bought a glass screen protector from one of those mobile pop up stores that you get in shopping centres. So that cost me about £10, cheap and cheerful till I find something better quality. Also bought a cheap clear silicone case that is originally for the iPhone X but fits the xs perfectly fine. Again cheap and cheerful for £10 until better looking cases come out.
Although I’ve been contemplating those mous cases but sadly they don’t do a clear one. But I’ll wait for more cases to come out then get something a bit better than what I have one.

The most expensive item I bought was a wireless charging pad from apple. It’s the Belkin one, special edition which is black and silver. I got it for £55 although it was meant to be sold at £65 but for some weird reason I was only charged £55 so result there. It’s a 7.5 watt charger so not sure how powerful that is.

Soldato
Anyone have any recommendations on cases for the iPhone Xs?? I’d like something slim and with good protection all round. Also after a glass tempered screen protector as well.

Not sure whether to just get the one apple sell, at £30 it’s a bit pricey tbh.

Currently using the Spigen clear TPU case and full glass screen protector. 15 quid all in. Does the job

Soldato
The most expensive item I bought was a wireless charging pad from apple. It’s the Belkin one, special edition which is black and silver. I got it for £55 although it was meant to be sold at £65 but for some weird reason I was only charged £55 so result there. It’s a 7.5 watt charger so not sure how powerful that is.

Pretty sure that's the maximum power you can get in a wireless charger.

I've been toying with getting one myself but have been waiting for the airpower matt.

Last edited:
Soldato
How is everyone's signal on the XS/Max?

Since reading people have had issues I've been keeping an eye on mine and it certainly looks like it's having issues. 1 bar at home. Swear I used to get 3/4 bars.

Soldato
How is everyone's signal on the XS/Max?

Since reading people have had issues I've been keeping an eye on mine and it certainly looks like it's having issues. 1 bar at home. Swear I used to get 3/4 bars.

Few videos popping up on YouTube now it seems, makes you wonder about the extra antenna band this year with the Intel modem that has a history of not being as good as the Qualcomms..

Caporegime
So far I haven’t noticed any huge difference in my reception at home. Haven’t had any calls that have failed etc and WiFi seems to be holding up. At the moment I have 3 bars at home which was the same as my 6s.

Only niggles I have with the phone is faceid which can be a bit flakey. Also I hate that you have to swipe up after the phone has unlocked via faceid. Just a silly extra step that’s not needed in all honesty.

Other than quite pleased with the phone, it’s a bit bigger than the 6s I had but not by a huge amount so getting used to that.

I’m sure there will be other niggles that will come up but so far nothing major.

Soldato
I have unlimited data so don't often have my wifi switched on but even using speedtest it scores a lot lower. Hopefully it's just a software issue/carrier settings. I put up with the whining 7+ but this would be very annoying

Soldato
Not seen the £300 Pocophone videos then :o:D
I avoid Android tbh(total convert a few years ago). Credit where credits due though if it is actually that fast :p

Edit. The pocophone Produces average results ?? Am I missing something ?

The antutu 7 score Of the pocophone is 81,000 less than the Xs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom