• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
Going back to earlier iterations of the iPhone, it wasn't uncommon for brand new phones to have a yellow tinge which cleared after a few days. I seem to remember it was something due to the bonding process which took a while to go off. I had one like that once and after less than a week, it was perfectly OK. I don't know if that's still the case.

RJC

RJC

Don
Has anybodies phone randomly rebooted?

Mine seems to of done this twice, 1st time over the weekend went to see use the Face ID and it requested password after reboot, 2nd time just a minute ago whilst on charge.

Caporegime
Sounds like a defective screen. Where did you purchase it from?

My XSM had a constant pink hue in the top left and right hand corners - I exchanged the device for another new one and this one is perfect and has a uniform screen.
I bought it direct from apple on the upgrade program.

Still seeing a yellowish tinge on the screen so at some point this week or next I’ll take it in to see what they say or maybe compare to the ones on display.

Soldato
Has anybodies phone randomly rebooted?

Mine seems to of done this twice, 1st time over the weekend went to see use the Face ID and it requested password after reboot, 2nd time just a minute ago whilst on charge.

I've had the messages app crash out on me a few times the last few months, which is really annoying when composing a long text and quite uncharacteristic for iOS. I think that was before iOS12 though.

Soldato
How come iPhones get such average press when it comes to battery life?

Years ago, I had a galaxy note 2 (great phone) which would dribble battery like no tomorrow. I swapped to an iPhone 6s (also a great phone) which had zero battery dribble and a screen on time almost 100pc higher for my usage.

After that came a galaxy s8+ which topped out at about 5 hours SoT, followed by a normal s8 at 4 hours SoT. Now I have an iPhone Xs and the extrapolated SoT is closer to 7 hours and I’m ending the day on 70pc battery. All the while, many reviews are saying the battery is meh. What gives?

Caporegime
How come iPhones get such average press when it comes to battery life?

Years ago, I had a galaxy note 2 (great phone) which would dribble battery like no tomorrow. I swapped to an iPhone 6s (also a great phone) which had zero battery dribble and a screen on time almost 100pc higher for my usage.

After that came a galaxy s8+ which topped out at about 5 hours SoT, followed by a normal s8 at 4 hours SoT. Now I have an iPhone Xs and the extrapolated SoT is closer to 7 hours and I’m ending the day on 70pc battery. All the while, many reviews are saying the battery is meh. What gives?

I think there’s now a raft of phones with decent battery life out there for significantly less, so Apple isn’t leading the way on battery life even at its premium price point.

Soldato
My battery is also great in my Xs. I don’t get all the negative battery reviews tbh. My phone lasts the day easily with a fair amount of juice left.

Like now I’m on 40%

Caporegime
I’m on 42% myself, unplugged phone at 430am this morning and been using it like I normally do.
Screen time is showing at 4 hrs so far, by this time my 6s would be on 5% if anything.

Much better battery life.

Caporegime
I’m on 42% myself, unplugged phone at 430am this morning and been using it like I normally do.
Screen time is showing at 4 hrs so far, by this time my 6s would be on 5% if anything.

Much better battery life.

Your 6S will be several years old so take that into account (unless it’s had a battery change).

Soldato
My Xs came off charge at 7:15 yesterday morning, I didn’t charge it last night, and it’s still on 59%.

My 6s (new from Apple a few months ago due to a botched battery replacement) would be on its last legs by now.

In other news, I fitted the Spigen screen protector last night. No dust, no bubbles! It’s not quite as edge-to-edge as I though, there’s still a small gap to the case, but it’s considerably better than the ESR protector I tried first.

Associate
Glad to see there’s improvement in battery, my iPhone 7 battery is extremely meh. Definitely apart of the reason I want to upgrade.

Associate
Those of you moving from an X to an XS Max; worth it? Very tempted. I have really missed the larger screen of the Plus models.

Yes fully recommend it, after a week using it it just feels normal now. Kept a case for my X and whenever I pick it up it just feels tiny in comparison. Very pleased I upgraded.

Associate
Those of you moving from an X to an XS Max; worth it? Very tempted. I have really missed the larger screen of the Plus models.

Yep, moved from an X to a Max. I missed the bigger size phone as I moved from a 7 Plus to an X so always had in mind that I'd move if they released a bigger version. It's been great, used to the size in no time. Only downside right now which was the case originally is the lack of optimised apps for the larger screen, but those will come soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom