• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Will I feel that the normal XS is a screen upgrade from a 6S (not Plus)? I know the screen itself is higher res, OLED etc, but in size, will it feel bigger than the 6S? Just considering my options on the iPhone upgrade program.
Coming from a 6s myself, the xs does feel slightly bigger in the hand but maybe that’s just me. Even though they are pretty much the same size physically. I have noticed the screen looks bigger due to it being edge to edge.
No regrets from going to the xs from the 6s though. I did play with one extensively in the apple store before I went for it etc. My 6s battery wasn’t lasting a day before I upgraded to the xs so that helped my decision immensely.

Associate
Will I feel that the normal XS is a screen upgrade from a 6S (not Plus)? I know the screen itself is higher res, OLED etc, but in size, will it feel bigger than the 6S? Just considering my options on the iPhone upgrade program.
Best bet would be just going into the Apple store and seeing for yourself

Soldato
Did your bare naked case arrive in the end??

If you did get it, what’s it like and how does it fit?? Did you get the screen protector as well??

Still contemplating on getting the case but was waiting on your thoughts, that’s if you got one.

Fits perfectly and is indeed ‘barely there’. Cutouts perfectly aligned. Adds grip. About 90% transparent in terms of colour (or lack of) - it’s hard to tell there’s a case on though. It’s softer than the ultra-ultra-thin cases but you couldn’t bent it in half like the jelly ones. Very pleased. Not happy with myself though - never tried putting a tempered glass protector on before and between getting lint on the underside as soon as I opened it and trying to keep bubbles to a minimum applying it, it went crack. Off to flagilate myself now.

Caporegime
Fits perfectly and is indeed ‘barely there’. Cutouts perfectly aligned. Adds grip. About 90% transparent in terms of colour (or lack of) - it’s hard to tell there’s a case on though. It’s softer than the ultra-ultra-thin cases but you couldn’t bent it in half like the jelly ones. Very pleased. Not happy with myself though - never tried putting a tempered glass protector on before and between getting lint on the underside as soon as I opened it and trying to keep bubbles to a minimum applying it, it went crack. Off to flagilate myself now.
Thanks for the update, I’ll go and order one myself.

Oh dear sorry to hear about the screen protector breaking. They aren’t exactly the easiest to put on, got to be careful that you do not bend it too much otherwise you get the gut wrenching crack sound. I ha r one that was put in by the apple store but it doesn’t cover the whole screen ie the notch and speaker are still exposed so a bit worried that if my phone falls I end up cracking the screen from there. So might order the full protector from bare as well and hope I get it on properly.

Soldato
Which case and screen protector is this please

Soldato
Looks good which case we can’t see clear only frosted

You want the Naked EX not the 'Naked for iPhone' - comes in Clear or Onyx. I'll take some photos of it with my iPad tomorrow. Their IG account said I could get a replacement for like $10 which I might do, along with claiming for the silly customs charge I got hit with despite the package arriving in Germany, and having 'prepaid' on it before it entered the UK. I'm not sure I need a screen protector, but I did like how it essentially restored the smooth edges of the phone as the case, which only comes up to the the sides of the phone does rob you of that nice smooth swipe-off-the-edge feeling you get going caseless.

Caporegime
You want the Naked EX not the 'Naked for iPhone' - comes in Clear or Onyx. I'll take some photos of it with my iPad tomorrow. Their IG account said I could get a replacement for like $10 which I might do, along with claiming for the silly customs charge I got hit with despite the package arriving in Germany, and having 'prepaid' on it before it entered the UK. I'm not sure I need a screen protector, but I did like how it essentially restored the smooth edges of the phone as the case, which only comes up to the the sides of the phone does rob you of that nice smooth swipe-off-the-edge feeling you get going caseless.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they hit you with custom charges??

Soldato
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they hit you with custom charges??

£17.14 - some of that was a handling fee and some VAT. Would have been less if I'd just ordered the case obviously (I'm sure most screen protectors are the same material just some have better coverage than others). Live and learn.

Caporegime
£17.14 - some of that was a handling fee and some VAT. Would have been less if I'd just ordered the case obviously (I'm sure most screen protectors are the same material just some have better coverage than others). Live and learn.
Thanks again, not sure if I’ll go for both. Spigen do a full coverage one but not sure if it will fit with the bare case.

Soldato
Thanks again, not sure if I’ll go for both. Spigen do a full coverage one but not sure if it will fit with the bare case.

Im thinking of the same Yas - its a risk and I am thinking maybe its best just to go with the full Naked Package so it all fits...….

Som - so there should be no customs charges when ordering this? Adding another £17 is making it a mighty expensive case/screen combo.... Can you hardly tell it has a case on?

Soldato
Has the parking alert been a new addition to iOS, very cool thing to have, in the sense that you park and it marks the location

Been there for a while now but not sure when it was introduced. When I went to the US in 2017 it was mildly amusing to see my parked car marked as being 5070 miles away. It’s definitely been there since iOS 10 at least.

Edit: Seems it was introduced with iOS 10.

Soldato

Well, you'd get stung less for just the case. A full coverage one should work regardless of brand because the case doesn't come above where the curved edges of the glass are, which is where the full coverage ones end. I will take some pics in a sec to illustrate.

Soldato
A176_E67_F_D69_B_492_B_BF95_3963_D8_F771_E4.jpg

893799_FC_E8_D2_421_E_8_E0_A_C0078_C8_D3_D7_A.jpg

CD45_EDA0_FF84_4496_96_F4_763_B287858_CD.jpg

EDIT - ballsed up the BBcode but here you go. Light is a bit brutal but hey ho. CBA to take the case off but trust me when I say the texture isn't quite gummy like gel-cases but it's definitely got a little more flex than a typical ultra thin case.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I applied the Omoton screen protector and then removed it a few hours later. It seems to catch lint/dust around the edge of the screen protector. The gap between the screen protector and my leather case also acts as a dust trap. Lastly the edges of the screen protector at various angles show a rainbow colour that can be distracting.

Back
Top Bottom