• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Great pics Som, thanks again. Think I’ll just order the case and get a full coverage from spigen, it’s around £10 on Amazon.

Just a shame that you get stung with customs charges regardless.

Yeah - you'll pay less than me just ordering the case at least. I hate cases but they're a necessary evil unless you lay your phone down on a bed of clouds when you're not using it and have gecko hands - this isn't going to do much for a heavy drop but touch-wood that's never happened to me across a dozen or so iPhones - and so if I'm going to use one I try and get something as unobtrusive as possible. Never really cared about hiding the back with previous devices as I always went for black, but I haven't had white/silver since the 3GS (never liked the white frontage) so wanted to show it off!

Soldato
ive ordered case and screen - any tips on applying screen protector and not damaging it som :D

Have some special contraption that removes all dust from the air. It's not that hard to line up IMO but the first time I put it on there were far too many air bubbles, so when I removed it and tried again I tried starting at one end and gradually pushing the protector down bit by bit. Of course this involved some flex and... well, it wasn't a good idea. I'm not sure if I make a 2nd attempt if there's a knack to avoiding bubbles because they didn't seem like they'd remove themselves of their own accord.

Soldato
Great pics Som, thanks again. Think I’ll just order the case and get a full coverage from spigen, it’s around £10 on Amazon.

Just a shame that you get stung with customs charges regardless.

The Spigen one looks identical tbh - I might just get that as I'm sure it'll be cheaper than getting another Pane by the time it gets to my door.

Associate
I just use the corner of a credit card to squash the bubbles, takes a bit of time but get them all out every time.

Pitaka mag case arrived the other day, absolutely amazing case feels lovely to hold, prefer the phone with the case on now, prob the best case I’ve ever used.

Soldato
Yep I’ll probably order one from amazon as well.
Just ordered the bare case so let’s see how much I get stung with customs charges.

I was gonna do that but I thought I might aswell get both as its guaranteed to fit perfectly - not work a risk if it dont

Caporegime
I was gonna do that but I thought I might aswell get both as its guaranteed to fit perfectly - not work a risk if it dont
According to Som the spigen one looks pretty much identical and having a look at both pics on the net...they do look very similar. I’ve ordered one so if it fits great, if not then it’s only cost me a tenner and I’ll get the pane one from bare cases.

OcUK Staff
Picked up an iPhone XS Max 256Gb Gold from local carphone warehouse today, paid £1299 as I also took a clear case, tempered glass protector and a wireless charging point.
Got it SIM Free, as I don't like contracts.

Very happy with phone, its super quick, screen is very impressive and the large size does not seem a hindrance at all, looking forward to trying out the camera on it in the future, now I've got three iPhones as I never chuck old ones away, so get a 4, 6 and now 10xs max. :)

The fact my battery on the 6 was not last much longer than a day and it was starting to get slow was what pushed me to upgrade, I generally only bother every 3-4yr as am not that bothered about always having latest phone, good job at over a grand a go. :D

Caporegime
Well that was quick, bare case already shipped my case lol.

Now the wait for it to arrives and the inevitable custom charge rip off.

At least I’ll be able to throw this nasty clear temporary case in the bin.

Back
Top Bottom