***The Official LG Nexus 4 Accessories Thread***

Soldato
Went ahead and got the SGP Ultra Crystal Dual (front + back). A bit worried as people reported theirs came with a kink or fold in the middle, meaning air bubbles. Thankfully mine came just fine. Managed to install both in the perfect positions first time, which is a bit of a miracle. The front is a lot easier to get the position right if you have the screen on while installing.

One thing though, is that it's an utter fingerprint magnet. Not oleophobic in any way at all, so just something to keep in mind. I'd recommend it though. Will be buying the Ringke Fusion case, so hopefully it plays nicely with that, though I don't see how it would be a problem.
My experience was the complete opposite :(

I'm not cack-handed by any means, and did as much preparation as I felt reasonable [I've since read that people have had success in their bathroom with the shower running. I mean, come on!]. But trying to put the front panel on without air bubbles had me gushing words that would look like a chorus line of asterisks if repeated here.

In the end, I got tired of playing BubbleWrap Whack-a-mole and with a final star-word I threw the damnable thing in the bin. No doubt it's gathering fingerprints even there.

If anybody's got any recommendations for protectors that aren't going to kill me via blood-pressure during application, I'm all ears :)

Last edited:
Associate
I got the media devil screen protector: Link

Used to have one on my galaxy nexus as well. Really good protectors, easy to apply and comes complete with everything needed to install it. You also get 2 protectors in the pack which it doesn't mention on the website so it works out even better value for money.

Soldato
Ok I followed the instructions above to the letter. First time I failed, second time was perfect. Basically you put the two extra bits of tape over the top section of the protector (the one that is removed at the end) these two parts make it easier to position. You then use this coupled with tape to remove the dust and my result is almost 100%. Almost in that dust is gone but one sliver of the edge has a slight raise.

Protectors I got from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Ultra...60-/310591322922?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

Initially thought they were quite soft but actually feel is good

I also did do it in the bathroom with the bath tub filled with hot water. Took 40 minutes!!!!

** as a further edit. I noticed that the top was lifted because it was too close to the top (the nexus is a nightmare due to its raised edges) so I put a bit of selotape top and bottom of the protector and relifted the protector. I then had some dust so I used selotape to lift the relevant area and an upside down part of tape to dab against the protector to remove it. Was incredibly effective - if it wasn't for the line on the protector it wouldn't now be visible. Good learning experience and if I can do this most should be able to as I am usually rubbish at anything practical :)The only aspect is time - reckon that probably took anything up to an hour to sort out :(

** I must be OCD - decided really got the hang of this and as their are 6 supplied took the current one off as some edges were slightly lifted. Recleaned and then put on new protector, took about 10 minutes now :) Absolutely perfect

Last edited:
Soldato
I've ordered these "atFoliX FX-Clear screen-protector for Google Nexus 4 (LG) (3 pack) - incl. front and back! Crystal-clear screen protection! Top quality"
Just waiting for them to turn up

Associate
Hmm...regarding the Ringke Fusion case, it seems that the buttons offer barely any feedback whatsoever, which is a major detract for it. And if you place the phone screen down, there isn't much lip, so not much protection if it lands face down.

May just get get the Diztronic Matte for now, and then if they make a mkII of the Fusion case, get that afterwards.

Associate
Ordered this pouch:

il_570xN.426863900_hqrm.jpg

I like using it naked with my Dbrand skin on the back. Using a case doesn't feel right for this phone.

Associate
m4rk84 said:
Where from Nikz? I like the look of that.

Go onto etsy.com and type in nexus 4 in search. Seller is bendoos she has various colours and types. She can make them wider if you wish to fit a case in as well.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
osomount is the best you can get, it will be universal for any phone you buy regardless of size. buy the one with the gripper attachment, usually around £15 on ebay, formerly known as exomount, i have a black exomount in one car and a white osomount in another

There seems to be a couple of versions. Which is best?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Osomount-...2412?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item4603f61ffc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSO-U-Gri...8205?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item46050ef99d

Associate
Well after about a months or so use my poetic bumper has started to come apart. Around the charging/usb port, the grey part has split away from the black and has lifted away from the phone. Hard to explain and I'll try and post pics but on the look out for another case now not only because of that but also I'm constantly aware of the back being unprotected. I have caught it when in my pocket on corners of tables, desks etc. So thinking either the Diztronic Matte or an S Line.

Soldato
Well after about a months or so use my poetic bumper has started to come apart. Around the charging/usb port, the grey part has split away from the black and has lifted away from the phone. Hard to explain and I'll try and post pics but on the look out for another case now not only because of that but also I'm constantly aware of the back being unprotected. I have caught it when in my pocket on corners of tables, desks etc. So thinking either the Diztronic Matte or an S Line.

Contact Poetic, they should replace it for you for free. Sounds like you got the rev1, rev2 doesn't seem to be tearing apart.

Back
Top Bottom