***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Lol at the people defending late orders being delivered first. If you genuinely cant see why this is wrong then i really dont know what to say.

Delivery estimates are only valid if you apply them to everyone, not just let people jump queue.

Caporegime
Then remove food from the analogy and the point remains the same? If you were in a carphone warehouse store lining up for the nexus 4 and the people behind you in the queue were given the phone first for no apparent reason would that not annoy you? Does that not seem unfair to you?

I should have explained better. The comparison of people physically queuing up is not directly comparable to people ordering an item online, imo. One has physically inconvenienced you (and you have actually seen the other person get served etc 1st), the other hasn't. It seems unfair still, but like I said it is probably a system mess up somewhere. Write a complaint letter to Google and leave it at that.

I would imagine a large amount of people ordered the phone online, and will just wait for delivery, they wont check forums to see people who ordered after then got theirs first etc.

Considering thats directed at me Ill reply, the issue isnt regards changing my delivery date (never expected it to, hell I was happy with 1-2weeks), but just the understanding that when theyve said 1-2weeks it actually will materialise. I normally wouldnt question this but their ordering systems obviously buggered up right now, it buggered up 2 weeks ago and the same issue happened on their last launch. To wonder where that issue is within the order, logistics or despatch process doesnt seem to be an unnecessary question especially as this isnt an one off as far as Im aware...

Theres enough circumstantial evidence to question the information supplied, unfortunately they arent even able to entertain a conversation about this as as soon as I attempt to provide such points they kept advising that they cant discuss other peoples orders. All I want is to illustrate the issue, rather than allow it to be ignored...

ps3ud0 :cool:
Until you have waited 1-2 weeks, I don't see the point in you even calling and querying your order. I totally understand why they won't be drawn into conversations about specific orders (by others). I would not expect any reputable company to, unless maybe something was given in writing by the other party.

All I'm saying is at present you have placed 1 order and they have given you a quoted delivery time, complain when they miss it, why pre-empt an issue which has not occurred yet (Has anyone been given a delivery time that has not been adhered to in this thread?)

Lol at the people defending late orders being delivered first. If you genuinely cant see why this is wrong then i really dont know what to say.

Delivery estimates are only valid if you apply them to everyone, not just let people jump queue.
I didn't mean to sound like I am defending it. A mistake ha occurred, clearly. What is your solution? (I offered 2, complain to Google or cancel your order).

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would imagine a large amount of people ordered the phone online, and will just wait for delivery, they wont check forums to see people who ordered after then got theirs first etc.

rp2000
Actually I disagree, considering the complete lack of convential marketing, you are only likely to be aware of this phone through word of mouth or tech blogs/forums - you are probably far more likely in this particular phone launch to know of other people that have ordered this phone and therefore when/if they received it

Hell in your case its only because of this thread you realised it was up for reordering...
Until you have waited 1-2 weeks, I don't see the point in you even calling and querying your order. I totally understand why they won't be drawn into conversations about specific orders (by others). I would not expect any reputable company to, unless maybe something was given in writing by the other party.
rp2000
Which is why Ive asked people for details so they just cant hide behind that convenient legality - Im really surprised that people cant see past thier own individual orders and wonder why Google Play consistently have failed to provide an adequate and transparent service, something that we expect to such an extent we dont need to question obvious things like estimates usually. Its actually bizarre how bad it is, why not wonder/ask where its failing...

Last edited:
Caporegime
In a way, yes. I paid £9.99 and my email states thats for :

Shipping & Handling (Two Day) £9.99

Ask for a refund of delivery charges. Although I think it is just bad wording on their part, which has been there since the Nexus 7 release. They should just say "Delivery Charge", but yes you should complain to them if you feel misled. I think their description is misleading, when the real meaning is 2 days delivery from when it is in stock/shipped.

Actually I disagree, considering the complete lack of convential marketing, you are only likely to be aware of this phone through word of mouth or tech blogs/forums - you are probably far more likely in this particular phone launch to know of other people that have ordered this phone and therefore when/if they received it

Hell in your case its only because of this thread you realised it was up for reordering...

I still think a large amount of people who have ordered the phone won't be checking religiously for order updates (which is what this thread has turned into). But you are right, I am grateful to this thread for finding out stock was released. Now I have my 5-6 week wait time, I will just wait it out.

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered just after 5 but still pending!

on south coast but in central London quite often.

Still pending like me then. I'll PM you my details after work and if yours changes status before mine, I bet I get shifted to a 4-5 week lead time, then I'll definitely buy it off you. :)

Soldato
I am fairly certain that Google aren't actually handling the shipping of these themselves, but are just passing all authorised orders, together with a pallet (or two!) of Nexus 4's, on to TNT who ship them out how and when they feel like it, and (it would appear) not necessarily in the order in which the orders were originally placed with Google.

The fact they use the thinnest possible so called padded bags has been discussed elsewhere, but I can only suggest that as many customers as possible who feel upset, badly treated, or let down, complain to Google in the strongest (but of course polite!) terms.

I for one have just done so!

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Agreed - the amount of posts two weeks ago and now have completely swallowed the point of this thread :(

This is why I think it's stupid that we have collated **** OFFICIAL PHONE LOL **** MEGATHREAD ****

The intention of trying to stuff all the posts about a particular device into one thread just ends with a big long trail of rubbish. I mean, we have a separate sub-forum already.

Soldato
As long as you get it within your specified delivery window (or before) who cares when other people get it?

Because we may not get it within the specified delivery window, as I've said before, presumably the reason people who ordered later fot a 4-5 week estimate is because they don't have enough stock for them yet, if they are getting deliveries then they may not have stock to issue to those with 3-5 days or 1-2 week estimates.

I agree though that its not really worth complaining to Google until there is a definite delay with our orders.

Caporegime
This is why I think it's stupid that we have collated **** OFFICIAL PHONE LOL **** MEGATHREAD ****

The intention of trying to stuff all the posts about a particular device into one thread just ends with a big long trail of rubbish. I mean, we have a separate sub-forum already.
Maybe just have one thread for all the phone launches regards delivery/availability - unlikely to have that many in-demand phones that launch over each other and than an official thread regards specs, usage and questions etc for each phone?

Soldato
Maybe just have one thread for all the phone launches regards delivery/availability - unlikely to have that many in-demand phones that launch over each other and than an official thread regards specs, usage and questions etc?

Sounds like an Idea.

But could just be as simple as:

***The official Nexus 4 shipping thread***

*The official Nexus 4 thread*

Mind you once everyone starts recieving theirs the thread should even out a bit more. If it is anything like the S2 one was.

Soldato
Just let myself get excited when the door knocked, opened it and was a delivery dude with a parcel,. turns out its for someone else though not a nexus 4 for me, gits lol.

Back
Top Bottom