Poll: *** The official M3 MacBook Pro thread (it has the M3 chip, is available in Space Black and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy an M3 MacBook Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Do you guys use a case for your macbooks or just straight into a bag?

For what it's worth, one of my clients (the one that I always get these devices from) asks people not to put cases on. Apparently they had tons of issues with them damaging hinges? That's annecdotal from me - I've seen the emails about it, but not seen the actual damage.

I tend to put the DBrand skins on mine - not really for protection as such, more for the fact that I find them so slippy!

Soldato
I’ve managed to swing a MBP 16” from work, should be ready this week! :D

I have 2 x 24” monitors on my office desk at home any recommendations on a nice stand (height adjustable) so I can used the MBP and have 3 screens?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I use an app called One Switch to quickly turn functions off/on - for low power mode, the only reason I turn it off when on battery on my 'Pro is because it seems to change the refresh rate to 60hz. On the Airs I simply wouldn't think about it - much matching your experience.

Soldato
I have just received my base model 16" M3 Pro in Space Black and wow, what a beautiful piece of technology. I am coming from the 2019 16" Intel MacBook Pro. Maybe it's just becuase i am the hulk but it's lighter than I thought it was going to be. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Loving it so far, just getting used to MacOS, man why is cutting and pasting files not easy.
I just got a 14 inch MacBook Pro yesterday and was cursing it to the heavens trying to copy and paste :rolleyes:

Had to tell myself ‘command and control’ to remember. Also other little annoyances like apps not actually closing when you close them… not sure why this is a thing on Macs but whatever.

It is lovely though. The screen is beautiful and i love that it’s totally silent. The comparison to the HP Zbook i use for work is stark.

Associate
I just got a 14 inch MacBook Pro yesterday and was cursing it to the heavens trying to copy and paste :rolleyes:

Had to tell myself ‘command and control’ to remember. Also other little annoyances like apps not actually closing when you close them… not sure why this is a thing on Macs but whatever.

It is lovely though. The screen is beautiful and i love that it’s totally silent. The comparison to the HP Zbook i use for work is stark.
Tell me about it we have these bog standard Dell things at our place and they're quite frankly minging in comparison. It's even got a 13th gen Intel Chip which loves to ramp the fans up even when completing basic tasks makes me appreciate my MBP even more.

Associate
Anyone got a recommendation for a decent mouse to use with these that actually works via Bluetooth?

I've been using my MX Master 3 with mine, connected through Bluetooth it's terrible. If I use the USB dongle it's marginally better.
Hard to explain it but the scroll wheel doesn't scroll like it does on my desktop and the pointer is quite jittery.
I've tried a mate's Glorious Model D that works loads better but ideally want a wireless mouse, preferably without all that RGB rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom