Poll: *** The official M3 MacBook Pro thread (it has the M3 chip, is available in Space Black and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy an M3 MacBook Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Do you guys use a case for your macbooks or just straight into a bag?

For what it's worth, one of my clients (the one that I always get these devices from) asks people not to put cases on. Apparently they had tons of issues with them damaging hinges? That's annecdotal from me - I've seen the emails about it, but not seen the actual damage.

I tend to put the DBrand skins on mine - not really for protection as such, more for the fact that I find them so slippy!

Soldato
I’ve managed to swing a MBP 16” from work, should be ready this week! :D

I have 2 x 24” monitors on my office desk at home any recommendations on a nice stand (height adjustable) so I can used the MBP and have 3 screens?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I use an app called One Switch to quickly turn functions off/on - for low power mode, the only reason I turn it off when on battery on my 'Pro is because it seems to change the refresh rate to 60hz. On the Airs I simply wouldn't think about it - much matching your experience.

Soldato
I have just received my base model 16" M3 Pro in Space Black and wow, what a beautiful piece of technology. I am coming from the 2019 16" Intel MacBook Pro. Maybe it's just becuase i am the hulk but it's lighter than I thought it was going to be. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Loving it so far, just getting used to MacOS, man why is cutting and pasting files not easy.
I just got a 14 inch MacBook Pro yesterday and was cursing it to the heavens trying to copy and paste :rolleyes:

Had to tell myself ‘command and control’ to remember. Also other little annoyances like apps not actually closing when you close them… not sure why this is a thing on Macs but whatever.

It is lovely though. The screen is beautiful and i love that it’s totally silent. The comparison to the HP Zbook i use for work is stark.

Associate
I just got a 14 inch MacBook Pro yesterday and was cursing it to the heavens trying to copy and paste :rolleyes:

Had to tell myself ‘command and control’ to remember. Also other little annoyances like apps not actually closing when you close them… not sure why this is a thing on Macs but whatever.

It is lovely though. The screen is beautiful and i love that it’s totally silent. The comparison to the HP Zbook i use for work is stark.
Tell me about it we have these bog standard Dell things at our place and they're quite frankly minging in comparison. It's even got a 13th gen Intel Chip which loves to ramp the fans up even when completing basic tasks makes me appreciate my MBP even more.

Back
Top Bottom