Poll: *** The official Mac Studio thread (it has the M1 Max, the M1 Ultra and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy an Apple Studio?

• Total voters
Soldato
I‘ve been a long-time user of BetterSnapTool. Decided to give BTT a try and a) didn’t really find any of the customisation that useful for my day-to-day workflows and b) I found that the window snapping didn’t work as well as BST. So I went back to BST.

Maybe I didn’t explore the full potential of BTT but I think I already have some of its features covered by other apps like Alfred.

Soldato
If it’s any comfort, mine is excellent. Haven’t managed to max it out at all yet, despite throwing some fairly silly stuff at it. It’s the best Apple computer I’ve used in years, and that includes my work 14” MBP (which is also very good).

Soldato
What monitor are you using?
Studio Monitor
Yes. I have.

I don't think my Mac Studio has gone to sleep on its own in the whole time I've owned it.
I've two monitors and a Mac Studio connected to one plug with power monitoring. When they all(?) go to sleep power usage drops from 100W to 30W which I think is a bit high for modern sleep mode. So even when I manually put my Mac to sleep, I still don't think it's sleeping properly

Soldato
Pretty sure someone in this thread had the same issue and it was Siri on the monitor.
I don't have an Apple Studio monitor though. I have a cheap 4k LG monitor and two ancient UltraSharp monitors. The LG is connected via HDMI and the two Dells are connected from DisplayPort to USB-C cable.

Soldato
The sleep issue has got worse recently with the Mac going to sleep then immediately waking up with no interim sleep period. Despite some experimentation, I’ve no idea whats causing it so hopefully this will be fixed in the next MacOS update. It’s so bad that I’m having to turn my Mac off.

Soldato
Before I get in touch with Apple, has anyone out there had any problems waking their Mac Studio from sleep? I've now had several occasions where the two monitors I have aren't woken up when the Mac is. Additionally, I've had a couple of non responsive desktops upon waking from sleep. Keyboard works and mouse cursor moves about but I can't type or click anything.

I'm just asking in case it's not just me and I need to be patient while a few bugs are ironed out.

Soldato
Before I get in touch with Apple, has anyone out there had any problems waking their Mac Studio from sleep? I've now had several occasions where the two monitors I have aren't woken up when the Mac is. Additionally, I've had a couple of non responsive desktops upon waking from sleep. Keyboard works and mouse cursor moves about but I can't type or click anything.

I'm just asking in case it's not just me and I need to be patient while a few bugs are ironed out.

Since upgrading to Monterey, my external monitor never wakes properly — I have to turn it off and on again for it to work.

That's with a 24" M1 iMac and a Dell P2715Q.

Not sure if it's the same issue but it's annoying.

Soldato
Since upgrading to Monterey, my external monitor never wakes properly — I have to turn it off and on again for it to work.

That's with a 24" M1 iMac and a Dell P2715Q.

Not sure if it's the same issue but it's annoying.
Since posting, my Studio Monitor won't turn on now! I don't know what's going on. Just about to try a different cable. These issues are now really getting on my nerves.

Soldato
Since posting, my Studio Monitor won't turn on now! I don't know what's going on. Just about to try a different cable. These issues are now really getting on my nerves.
Good luck!

My boss has just put in the order for my new one!
  • M1 MAX with 32-core GPU
  • 64GB Ram
  • 1TB SSD
Plus Studio display.

Lead times look like end of June/early July so let's see when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom