*** The Official macOS Catalina thread ***

Soldato
Downloaded and installed without a hitch on my MBP. However on my iMac, the installation stalls at about 30% and doesn’t budge. It may be something to due with the fact that I was running the beta as I cancelled the install and reinstalled the beta with no issues.

Apart from the iMac install problem (and to be frank the beta is faultless for me), everything has been pretty smooth. Not much in the way of new things to play about with though I can see Sidecar being useful once I get my finger out and try it properly.

Did you install the latest 10.15 supplemental update that was released a few days ago when you updated the iMac?, I think that fixed some installation issues, on macrumours forum a lot of people were having to force restart their macs due installations stalling.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Great post, thanks for this useful information and insight.

As someone who's used past versions of MacOS which have in general been great and not had many problems, this is has definitely been one of the worst experiences

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Care to post some specifics?

Buggy as hell, and terrible for people on older devices who are updating (as 32 bit isnt supported anymore)

They should have made it so people can only upgrade who had devices that were 2016 or newer, any devices from before that will really struggle, from what ive seen anyway

Commissario
OP
"Buggy as hell" isn't particularly specific. What machine(s) are you running it on and what specific bugs have you experienced yourself?

I'm asking because I'm yet to upgrade and I'm genuinely interested. I'm not trying to be awkward.

Soldato
I will be updating my iMac late 2013 soon, all my apps (very few) have 64bit support.

When I purchased I added more ram and an SSD so hopefully it will be ok with Catalina, Mojave is perfectly fine.

Soldato
Buggy as hell, and terrible for people on older devices who are updating (as 32 bit isnt supported anymore)

They should have made it so people can only upgrade who had devices that were 2016 or newer, any devices from before that will really struggle, from what ive seen anyway

Que? My mid-2012 MBP runs swimmingly on Catalina - better than Mojave in fact.

Man of Honour
Anyone use multiple monitors? With the latest update, my left screen colour temperature is considerably 'warmer' than the right screen. Now that I've noticed it I can't unsee it.

I've disconnected the HDMI cable and connected it again, seems to have cured it.

This happened again this morning, but on the LG and not the Acer like before. Must be an OS bug I guess, as one monitor is connected over HDMI through a dock and the other is direct USB-C.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
LibreOffice the latest bit of software to get caught in Catalina's arcane new security processes. Not even out a month and I'm already fielding frustrated calls from friends trying to get stuff to 'just work'.

This aged well:

I mean, it might have taken over a decade, but finally with all these security prompts Apple has caught and surpassed Windows Vista :p:D I'm thinking they should probably have put this one through a little more all-weather testing before releasing it into the wild...

Back
Top Bottom