*** The Official macOS Ventura thread ***

Commissario
OP
This is less than inspiring, the new 'About this Mac' is a bit bland.

GjWvRkE.png

And items that run at login no longer have the option to hide them so I'm getting multiple apps appearing on my screen when I boot.

Soldato
While tempting I never update to a new macOS version until after the .1 release. It's a lot more stable, and the additional few weeks means most apps will get a few updates in them to optimise and fix bugs for the new OS.

And items that run at login no longer have the option to hide them so I'm getting multiple apps appearing on my screen when I boot.

That's annoying for sure.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to this on Monday. It'll be my first significant new macOS since I moved to Apple. I'm hopeful it'll help my workflow, which means running multiple apps simultaneously and constantly switching backwards and forwards.

Soldato
None of the beta utilities are working right now for some reason, the public beta gives a 404 error but you can just use this simple command to enroll.

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Resources/seedutil enroll PublicSeed

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm trying to like Stage Manager, but I think it needs some work. It's really missing the ability to name the 'stages' and add apps to them by hand, rather than dragging one out of the stage to add that one to the existing one.

Ie, I use some work apps daily, and I have them split across my screen. I use Edge (because Safari seems trash with most of our work web pages), Slack, Teams (hopefully not for long!), Outlook, terminal and some others I've probably forgotten about. I have them set up all nicely and what I do now is use virtual desktops to move to my personal apps, such as WhatsApp, Messages, Mail, Safari etc. I have a few desktops set up for personal, work, documentation, coding etc. I thought I'd quickly be able to switch between what I want with Stage Manager but it looks as if virtual desktops are still king for this.

Maybe it's more focussed on iPad OS or casual users, or people with small screens, but for people like me with millions of apps running and a huge monitor I don't think it works that well. Unless I'm missing something? It seems like it's trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Also CMD + Z in Safari now opens a closed tab rather than undo in certain situations, what the actual **** is that about?

Back
Top Bottom