****The Official Mountain Bicycle Gallery Thread****

New old bike. First one I have ever built up from the frame. Ive always wanted a Santa Cruz bike, takes me me back to youth skateboarding :D

Grabbed the frame off the bay, immaculate and took all the bits of my Giant Fathom that had everything bar the frame upgraded and moved them over to this. This is an XL and the Giant was a Large. This fits me much better.

Long term I will grab some nice forks, but these will do for now.

fu68TZV.jpg

New old bike. First one I have ever built up from the frame. Ive always wanted a Santa Cruz bike, takes me me back to youth skateboarding :D

Grabbed the frame off the bay, immaculate and took all the bits of my Giant Fathom that had everything bar the frame upgraded and moved them over to this. This is an XL and the Giant was a Large. This fits me much better.

Long term I will grab some nice forks, but these will do for now.

Get yourself the longest dropper post that will fit you/the seat tube.

From a recent ride at Afan Forest:

dlCB1r6.jpeg

And after a wet session at Bike Park Wales:

djfkO1J.jpeg

Do you uplift at BPW? Some guys I know just took two batteries with them and just turbo their way up.

Sounds like all the changes to BPW will make it way better than it currently is. Ideally they need to get a nice chair uplift!

Do you uplift at BPW? Some guys I know just took two batteries with them and just turbo their way up.

Sounds like all the changes to BPW will make it way better than it currently is. Ideally they need to get a nice chair uplift!

Nah, I had 2 batteries. A Turbo run up and down used 25%.

It's still hard work though! I managed 6 runs before the chaffing got unbearable and that was 56km and 1870m of elevation gain so I definitely felt it the next day.

Nah, I had 2 batteries. A Turbo run up and down used 25%.

It's still hard work though! I managed 6 runs before the chaffing got unbearable and that was 56km and 1870m of elevation gain so I definitely felt it the next day.

6 run ups is more than you can get on the bus some days!! :D

Had two days booked last weekend at BPW, wake up at 4am to get there, sign in, get the bike out of the car, put the battery in, all good, go to pedal for the uplift and the bike throws up 7 error codes

Spent the whole weekend pedalling a 25kg barge around, oh and I bent the rear rotor!

The uplift was busy in the morning, but settled down towards lunch, only got 6 runs in, but I was pretty much spent by then anyway.
You could easily get 8-10 runs in if you hit them back to back with no faffing around.

Surprised you used 25% in one climb and descent, I did a pedal pass a while back and only used around 10% per climb in a mix of emtb and turbo.

Still had a great time though, just got to go through the faff of trying to get my bike fixed now :(

Stwxz23.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom