The Official My Console Died What Should I Do Thread?

Soldato
Here's a strange one for you. I phoned MS to get my 360 sent back. I was told that I'd get an email telling me what to do next. I've not had it, and a courier came on Friday to collect it while I was at work! I thought I had to ring to sort that? What should that email contain? Cheers

Soldato
Microsoft seem pretty on the ball with repairs, emailed them about 3 red lights at about 1 am, got the printable UPS label the next day during afternoon, phoned up arranged a delivery and had it picked up. Was then delivered all the way to Germany the next day after the collection. Now let's see how long it takes to get it back.

Associate
Just had to sort out sending mine back - launch console died yesterday with the 3RROL while watching a DVD.

Do they send back your own 360 repaired, or just a reconditioned one?

Associate
Hmm... quick turnaround! UPS tracking showed they got my 360 in Germany on Sunday, it updated on the xbox website to say received Monday morning, and by Monday evening it's now saying its repaired/replaced and on it's way back to me.

I guess with it being a launch console they won't bother repairing it, and just pop in a more recent motherboard with the better cooling.

Last edited:
Soldato
Falcon 360, Arcade Edition, 5 months old, dead............Error E74 code, general feeling its the AV cable error...

"There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU."

tried VGA and Conponent leads incase it was cable, same error

So much for Falcons being more reliable, lol......time to phone MS

Associate
Got mine back Friday - Week on Monday timeframe. Very impressed (apart from it breaking in the first place of course!)

Seems that they replaced the DVD Drive AND Motherboard, I wasn't aware there was a problem with the drive but hey, not complaining :)

Soldato
if motherboard replaced then it needs a matching dvd drive due to firmware key located in drive+motherboard - i doubt they reflash them or the chip. I just checked status of mine and its been fixed and due back by Ups, so with luck i should get back by Wednesday/Thursday so 6 working days

Back
Top Bottom