The Official My Console Died What Should I Do Thread?

Soldato
Think I need to send my xbox back to microsoft does it cost anything to send it?

Also I haven't got my reciept I brought the thing about same time dead rising come out Sept 2006 but I took that one back to the shop I brought it without a reciept once sometime last year will I still be able to send it back to microsoft?

Caporegime
Think I need to send my xbox back to microsoft does it cost anything to send it?

Also I haven't got my reciept I brought the thing about same time dead rising come out Sept 2006 but I took that one back to the shop I brought it without a reciept once sometime last year will I still be able to send it back to microsoft?

Costs nothing, they send you a shipping label.

Soldato
just got mine back, they had to replace the whole unit, LMAO, died of E74 error on a
4 month old Falcon chipset 360 replaced.

"So that you can get back to playing and enjoying your xbox quicker, we have replaced your Xbox console with a replacement unit"

seems a lot quieter, lets see how long this one lasts, lol

Soldato
Yeah I was actually surprised how quickly they get them repaired (took just over a week when I had to get it done). Gave me a new fascia too and even fixed the sticking DVD drive when it was well out its 1 year warranty (was bought close to the launch).

Soldato
My console is under warranty, however it appears Microsoft won't take it. There's no repair option under their service.xbox.com webpage.

I'm in South Africa, so I guess that's why?? :(:mad:

Soldato
Hi all,

just had RROD on my xbox, which I bought 2nd hand from eBay. I rang MS and went through the checks etc I thought yess he's going to let me return it here then I stupidly said right at the last minute "is it OK that I had it as a present?" and he went off to check then said ah no this will cost you £60 as it is previously registered.

Any ideas what I can do please?

Caporegime
Hi all,

just had RROD on my xbox, which I bought 2nd hand from eBay. I rang MS and went through the checks etc I thought yess he's going to let me return it here then I stupidly said right at the last minute "is it OK that I had it as a present?" and he went off to check then said ah no this will cost you £60 as it is previously registered.

Any ideas what I can do please?
Contact the seller I think and get him/her to change registered address.

Associate
If you pack it in the original box you WON'T get it back, just a plain cardboard one with two polystyrene inserts. My guess is MS ask you to send an otherwise unmarked box to reduce thefts. Although quite why anyone would want a broken Xbox :)

Soldato
Swapped it today, no hassles except for them trying to sell me their special breakdown coverage for the replacement unit. New falcon unit with a manufacture date of 30th June 2008. Hopefully this one will last longer than 6 months!

Associate
My Elite just died with the 3 red lights. I went on to the Xbox site and requested a repair and I've received an email with the shipping label. Is this all I need? What's all this business about an invoice as well? And, what do i need to send back? Just the Xbox and power cable minus the HDD or does that need to go as well?

Edit: Come to think of it I bought it from a high street retailer less than a year ago. Am I covered by them? (I have what I think is the receipt) If I do it this way what do I need to take back to the store? The Xbox and all the cables that came with it or just the Xbox and power cable. What about the HDD, does that need to go back as well and if so does that mean I lose all my saved games?

Thanks for any help to the multitude of questions, lol.

Back
Top Bottom