***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
If this supports EE LtE can't see me getting anything else, well maybe the 820.
I have to get a w8 tablet on launch, depending how much they are a phone will quickly follow as soon as I can afford it.

Whish there was cyan though, black from that line up.

Anyone know if it's follow glass 2 or 3?
Hate when everyone says you can't scratch gorilla glass. Yes you can it's easy. Give me a device to test how breakable is, I have it down to an art form. I really should be employed for testing purposes.
I believe ip4 is gorilla glass 2 and that's scratched to hell and back and some are really deep.

Soldato
If this supports EE LtE can't see me getting anything else, well maybe the 820.
I have to get a w8 tablet on launch, depending how much they are a phone will quickly follow as soon as I can afford it.

Whish there was cyan though, black from that line up.

Anyone know if it's follow glass 2 or 3?
Hate when everyone says you can't scratch gorilla glass. Yes you can it's easy. Give me a device to test how breakable is, I have it down to an art form. I really should be employed for testing purposes.
I believe ip4 is gorilla glass 2 and that's scratched to hell and back and some are really deep.

I think the first Gorilla Glass 2 device was the S3, I think the ip4 has gorilla glass, or some other sort of strenght glass, but yeah, they all can get damaged.

Man of Honour
Why is cyan so popular :confused:

It's an acdeptable colour for blokes and is different from black/white.i couldn't imagine getting a red or yellow phone out my pocket at work, not that I would want one anyway. But blue I think is well accepted colour.
I think blue would be at or near the top of the favorite colour list chart as well.

Even all the accessories come in cyan, so they must release it. It's pure money making :( just like apple did with delayed white release.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't see why cyan would be any more acceptable than red. Then of course there's black which after the furore over the S3 I thought would be the most popular colour!

Soldato
Pretty much that, I love the look of Red, but a few weeks down the line, I think I would come to not like it.
White I could go for as its the glossy finish and not the matt finish.
Grey...well..I cant even understand that one.
Yellow...I don't get either, would be sick of it as with the red.
And thing is, it wasn't blue, it was Cyan, which is jsut a nice colour to go with the Clear Black front and framed it well.

Man of Honour
I actually really like the render of the grey, but I can't see it looking good in the flesh.

White I hate, big mistake getting white iPad.
Yellow is gopping. Red isn't me, black looks to black with metro, but probably nicest after cyan (assuming grey looks horrible in the flesh)

Caporegime
The thing that will stop me from getting this phone is honestly WP8.

One day I might want my phone to look like this

snap20110509_182710.png

Or this! :cool:

snap20111004_154254.png

I honestly think the Live Tile thing is just boring. I personally don't have specific people on my start screen, if I want to check out what pictures my gf has put on Facebook or what ever, then I'll use the Facebook app. Or go to her in people as she'll be in the most recent people.

The thing I am really impressed by is the camera. I've started to use my camera a lot more recently, so having a good camera and apps built into the camera suite etc is a really good thing. Personalisation and customisation just isn't there though really, just have to wait and see what new Nexus phone(s) are coming soon I guess.

Looks pretty damn nice...

Why are they banging on about augmented reality though? I didn't think this was a new feature?

Thought it was funny in the presentation the woman said something like "look through City Lens to see what restaurants are on the street, and ring one check to see if there's a table free before you walk through the door" ... something along those lines. I'd rather just walk the 20 yards and go into the place and ask to be honest. :D

Soldato
It's almost embarrassing how far ahead of everything else on the market the 920 is TBH. As others have said, potentially the only let down could be WP8 (which Microsoft could really do with hurrying up with...). The camera, screen and touchscreen are all a long, long way ahead of the competition, and they've thrown in 32GB on-board storage, quad-band LTE and inductive charging just for good measure, in case anyone doubted they were picking the goal posts up and running away with them.

Welcome back Nokia.

Soldato
I'm not sure I totally agree with you satchef1, but I will agree that it's a very strong showing and it's exactly what they need to be doing.

Soldato
Jesus I don't think this is that far ahead considering the components Satchef1 :) Trying to work out if the radio is COTS, those are some decently spread LTE bands (EE will be stocking this) and the only missing one we don't care about in the UK. If it's COTS then I'm wondering if Apple picked it up too which is going to allow EE to massively pull ahead next quarter.

I'm with a lot of you though, where's the Cyan? Perfect unisex colour, sold well before, I don't know why they didn't :( I still believe Nokia should do both Android and WP7 ala Samsung, if we could have that for 2013 Nokia I'd most appreciate it ;)

Back
Top Bottom