***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
[RXP]Andy;22713269 said:
I think the OS is one of the main selling points, its simple, easy to use and very fluid.

the key is going to be the apps to use. Most of us have a small set of apps, at least, we use frequently so will Windows 8 have the ones we use in, say, Android. I know I would have to check out several if I were to move to a Windows phone.

Caporegime
I get the last 3 'killer' features, and wireless charging is pretty awesome, but PureMotion HD+? 48 pixels extra 'height' is a killer feature? seriously? :p

Seriously though it'll be interesting to see just what it's like, they claim better blacks but it's still an LCD, smoother scrolling (what refresh rate?) and the interesting bit is the touch with gloves etc, know it can be done as I've worked with capacitive screens that will detect touches through ~1inch of material, but they weren't exactly spectacular, be interesting to see how well this one works.

The point with the screen is that the resolution is the minor point. The anti glare filter (demoed on the 800/900 as by far the best out at the moment), the curved screen and the fact you appear to get the image on top of the glass rather than recessed within it like most phones (the whole hover thing that a lot of blogs have mentioned). I'm still sceptical about the thing being IPS rather than AMOLED though, I love my Omnia 7 because the blacks are really black.

What 4G frequency does O2 use? They are pretty close to at least a regional release (or at least have had a year of testing last time I heard).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
One of the main things I use my phone for is taking pictures and this looks pretty hot in that department. I hate using flash in low light too.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
obligatory picture required.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Caporegime
Just need to see the samples of that so we can see what the noise is like (and the actual resolution - could be that they are downsampling - I hope not).

Gotta say the Red looks a little orange, but that may be the WB in the building? The Yellow is actually quite fetching..

Soldato
the key is going to be the apps to use. Most of us have a small set of apps, at least, we use frequently so will Windows 8 have the ones we use in, say, Android. I know I would have to check out several if I were to move to a Windows phone.

This +1
The only fly in the ointment is that Im really impressed with google now on the nexus 7 and the other fly in the ointment for me is resale value as I will buy sim free and look to upgrade again middle of next year.
The main pulling point for me is proper OneNote integration and the W8 common platform as Im loving W8 and the office 2013 preview..

Soldato
Nokia have always been a head of the competition when it comes to camera phones, I just hope it turns out to be as good as they are saying, will be my next phone for sure.

Associate
Soldato
i think this looks tempting. i was just going to upgrade to iphone 5 but this could sway me

can i ask some dumb questions...

i use itunes... don't hate me for it, I just do. will this tie in with that and store all my music? how can i connect this to everyone else i know who has iphone speaker systems to play my music? (i would think i cant??)

what would the app support be like? simple stuff i use a lot like Hailo, Aroundme, Ocado.

would I effectively be mothballing all my previously purchased apps and have to buy them all over again? starts to get expensive if i do?

thx

Soldato
i think this looks tempting. i was just going to upgrade to iphone 5 but this could sway me

can i ask some dumb questions...

i use itunes... don't hate me for it, I just do. will this tie in with that and store all my music? how can i connect this to everyone else i know who has iphone speaker systems to play my music? (i would think i cant??)

what would the app support be like? simple stuff i use a lot like Hailo, Aroundme, Ocado.

would I effectively be mothballing all my previously purchased apps and have to buy them all over again? starts to get expensive if i do?

thx
No such thing as a dumb question

iTunes music will move accross, you're safe there but you can't connect it to ipod dock items, you'd need to use a Line In or USB link.
App support is down to windows 8. It's the weakest of the 3 for app support because it only sustains 5-6% of the market currently, well windows phone 7 is, but the major apps are usually there.
Yes, your iOS apps would not be usable on this phone. Prices vary with OS.

EDIT: Eliot, this using the new LG TFT panel?

Back
Top Bottom