***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
I just watched the keynote from nokia on youtube again , and more I see it the more impressed ,,, and I might say impatient I am becoming ;)

check out here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYS2aTH8pDk

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhhBJ1URCg[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vsekq0IHSc&feature=related

Have to admit prior to watching those videos I knew nothing about windows phone but I'm mightily impressed. The camera alone looks amazing but I still don't understand the whole square edges thing -aside from dramatically shortening the life of your pocket lining it won't be as nice to hold as the SG3/nexus.
Still - looks really promising. If anythings going to get me away from android this will be it.

Soldato
Have to admit prior to watching those videos I knew nothing about windows phone but I'm mightily impressed. The camera alone looks amazing but I still don't understand the whole square edges thing -aside from dramatically shortening the life of your pocket lining it won't be as nice to hold as the SG3/nexus.
Still - looks really promising. If anythings going to get me away from android this will be it.

The phone itself is same sort of design as the lumia 800 with curved glass it is a really great phone to hold so I imagine the 920 will feel the same , I think the momentum is building now for windows phone 8 , it has a great amount of features, and as you say the camera and lens apps on the 920 look fantastic ;)

Soldato
welcome yeah if you need top spec camera and screen real estate go 920 , if expandable storage etc your thing go 820 Nokia has covered all the options ;)

Man of Honour
Looks like it'll have to be 920 just due to gorilla glass, I really am a brute with my things and need all the protection I can. But then again could always just add screen protectors.

Soldato
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products...64060&products=1811462-1808274&operation=show

Thanks, thats annoying the 820 doesn't come with gorilla glass.
I like the fact you can change the back cover and get a wireless charger back, I break stuff, so just buying replacment cover is a bonus. Also like the fact you can have sd card. Don't really care about the camera and the rest looks basically the same.

I know what you mean, I have broken 6 cases for my S2 already in under 1 year, it is a good thing Nokia phones are a tank and the quality of the plastic, and that even if it does get a nasty cut the colour is all through the plastic. Also Gorilla glass is only scratch resistant so it can get damage aswell, and I have heard Gorilla glass 2 is much weaker then Gorilla glass but allows for thinner screens.

Nokia maps are the best end of , never have they put me wrong !

oh interesting wee poll

http://www.wpcentral.com/poll-nokia...ung-ativ-s-which-will-be-yours#comment-174005

I love Nokia maps and the offline maps are the best, but they need to improve the transit features, nothing comes close to google in this aspect and living in London I really need this.

Also that poll is really interesting, so far HTC and samsung haven't really been trying but now they all have really good phones, granted then 920 is still the best, but I am very interested to see how comes out on top.

Last edited:

kbc

kbc

Associate
Can I ask a question, this phone will only be released exclusively on the EE network? Likewise with the iPhone 5, 4G won't work with Vodafone or O2, is it the same scenario with this phone?

Soldato
Can I ask a question, this phone will only be released exclusively on the EE network? Likewise with the iPhone 5, 4G won't work with Vodafone or O2, is it the same scenario with this phone?

its nothing to do with the phone , its the UK and the networks problem ....

kbc

kbc

Associate
Yes I know it's not the phone, but I know that the iPhone 5 lacked complete support for LTE Vodafone/O2, hence the question, sorry if this wasn't clear...

The lumias will work on the others. But the others won't get lte for ~12months.

This is what I'm after as I am on Vodafone, thanks for clarifying.

Soldato
Really looking forward to having a play with a 920, bored of iOS for the last 4 phones I've owned.

The only thing that concerns me is a lack of App support like no BBC iplayer.

Caporegime
That means it'll be £512 over here then. :o :p

Tru dat! Though with HTC releasing their phones at pretty much the same time you could say Nokia should be wanting to do what ever they could to extend their reach once more so hopefully we'll see some competitive pricing!

Back
Top Bottom