***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Caporegime
I'm happy with my current phone but I really like the look of the yellow phone in the OP. Probably the first time I've seen Windows 8 on a mobile and not thought it looks as interesting as watching beige paint dry.

Associate
I must say I'm genuinely impressed with the lumia 920 and WP8 and I'm seriously considering this as my next phone after my iPhone 4S.
Only thing that I'm not sure about is the size. It's looks awfully big in the guys hand. The lumia 820 on the other hand looks like the perfect size, but lacks the better camera and ram etc. SD slot is nice though... Wonder if the music can be accessed via USB by car head units...

Soldato
I must say I'm genuinely impressed with the lumia 920 and WP8 and I'm seriously considering this as my next phone after my iPhone 4S.
Only thing that I'm not sure about is the size. It's looks awfully big in the guys hand. The lumia 820 on the other hand looks like the perfect size, but lacks the better camera and ram etc. SD slot is nice though... Wonder if the music can be accessed via USB by car head units...

if not can be accessed via 3.5 headphone jack .....
or buy some cdr and burn the tracks lol

Associate
In response to the size Lumia 920 to the S3 - thanks for the video, and dimensions post.
Got to go for the 820. Lovely phones, and im sold. I dont want a tablet sized phone in my pocket.. heres to the 820!

Soldato
yip horses for courses, bigger screen and better camera , vs expandable media and "slightly" smaller size Nokia as I have said before has covered all bases ;) dam glad bought some shares in them lol

Associate
I can't believe I'm saying this (no contract, still have PAYG 9.99 job) , but buy Windows 8 on my PC, and a new phone to go with it? All I need now is Battlefield:Bad Company 3 (not the awful B3) and a new top of the range Intel CPU that doesnt overheat!
looking forward to getting my first windows phone

Last edited:
Caporegime
yip horses for courses, bigger screen and better camera , vs expandable media and "slightly" smaller size Nokia as I have said before has covered all bases ;) dam glad bought some shares in them lol

Except the 820 is gimped, like all the smaller phones (including the new 8s and the OneS - to a slightly lesser extent) a reduced screen size also means a reduced resolution. 800x480?! :(

Soldato
Except the 820 is gimped, like all the smaller phones (including the new 8s and the OneS - to a slightly lesser extent) a reduced screen size also means a reduced resolution. 800x480?! :(

its not gimped , that res is hardly a disadvantage? will still look good , as wp8 is designed to scale ......a 480p display at 2 feet away from you , or closer is still good ;)

Associate
So wait, the midrange phone has expandable storage but not the top end? I thought neither did.

Yup, the 820 has a microSD slot on the bottom.
They really should have put one on the 920 as well, but then I guess it depends how good it is as a media player where it would need the possibility of extra storage. Does it support DLNA?

Caporegime
Yup, the 820 has a microSD slot on the bottom.
They really should have put one on the 920 as well, but then I guess it depends how good it is as a media player where it would need the possibility of extra storage. Does it support DLNA?

Yup, there's already an app for DNLA streaming by Nokia called Play To.

Caporegime
its not gimped , that res is hardly a disadvantage? will still look good , as wp8 is designed to scale ......a 480p display at 2 feet away from you , or closer is still good ;)

Not a disadvantage on a 4" screen (just-I currently have one) but on anything bigger it starts to look decidedly "interesting". Just a shame they aren't higher resolution.

Man of Honour
Oh I missed this somehow. P8 related rather than 920 but still.
Be a gre feature if Spotify/Nokia music integrate it. Hands free music control in car and of course many other ituations.

Back
Top Bottom