***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
Well they recon after a hands on that's the SIM card slot and only the ad slot is inside.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nokia-lumia-920-lumia-820-windows-phone-8-phone,17438.html
Button and connector layout is similar to the 920, except the 820's microSIM slot is at the bottom of the phone, next to the microUSB port. In our opinion, it would be more convenient if the microSIM and microSD card slots could switch places so the memory card is accessible without removing the shell and battery.

Man of Honour
Yes,yes it would.

Also seems I dreamt that the 920 would also come in a 64gb version :( why only 32 and no SD card. Why can't the 820,920, 64gb ram and x8 have a baby.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both the slots are next to the battery. You have to remove the back cover and the battery to get to them both. The slot on the bottom of the phone is the speaker. Anyone that says otherwise is wrong.

Associate
I can't quite understand why everyone is raving over this phone if I'm honest, it's majorly heavy/massive and the sharp corners will rip apart your trousers :|

Man of Honour
I can't quite understand why everyone is raving over this phone if I'm honest, it's majorly heavy/massive and the sharp corners will rip apart your trousers :|

It's very well speced.
What sharp corners, it's no bigger than sgs3, it's virtually identical size.
Weight, does anyone care about weight. Well probably a few.

Associate
It's very well speced.

I see your point, I really am tempted to be honest! I mean the bottom and top (for sharp edges).

Any idea what its like performance wise, for gaming, etc? I have a Desire HD which works which 3D games, however thats on a much lower res!

I'm a little out of touch with phones, how are people expecting the battery to hold up?

Edit: Is wireless charging optional?

Man of Honour
The corners are still rounded in one direction, so you have no point.

Performance should be great. Benchmarks earlier in this thread somewhere for the chips in this phone.

Standard battery, Li-Ion 2000 mAh
Stand-by Up to 400 h (2G) / Up to 400 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 17 h (2G) / Up to 10 h (3G)
Music playback Up to 67hrs

Soldato
It's very well speced.

Weight is an issue - Im 99% certain I will get a 920, but until I throw it into my front left pocket on my jeans, I cant be certain.
I had a N900 - best phone I have ever owned, and partly why im coming back to Nokia, but at 180g, you were always aware that you were carrying the phone in a way that I wasn't with the SG3. Im hoping that the different form factor will mitigate the weight..

So Im pretty sure I will get a 920, but will have to see on release day before Im sure..

Soldato
Well this be useable on other networks? I currently have s3 on three, sister is due upgrade now and wants s3 but is willing to get a note 2 or luna for me if I pay the diff and take my s3. She's on t mobile. I know I can buy unlock code from three for her to use t mobile sim in my s3 but not sure if the vice versa?

Back
Top Bottom