***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
As Above, using the long hold on the Back Button, and task switching, re instates the history of that particular programme, what ever task you have opened it will act the same way.

Whether history is retained or not depends upon how you access the web browser:
- If you switch to the browser using long back press, then history will be retained
- If you switch to the browser by live tile or app list then you will lose history, as it launches a new session.

This functionality is pretty common across apps and it's useful to understand how it works.

Many thanks for pointing that out !

That's really handy! Is that the same for the music app? I listen to audio books on my commute so having it paused where I left it would be handy. Not sure how long it would be accessible before wp8 killed the process though?

Apps should retain all session info if you return to them by long press of the back button, but it's not something I've tested much for music apps.
As far as multi-tasking goes, then as long as you have less than the max number of concurrent apps (7?) open it should be fine, but again it's not something I've tested with anger.

Record it in portrait mode, download Windows Live Movie Maker via the Live Essentials downloads in MS for PC, edit it and upload.

http://www.7tutorials.com/rotating-videos-windows-live-movie-maker-2011

I don't know of any in phone app that does it though.

Will look at that but to be fair that is utter rubbish in the fact it cant keep the movie the right orientation like iPhone can.

And looking at that link would seem to suggest it will rotate the movie but will reduce the heigh to 720 rather than 1280

Kimbie

That's really handy! Is that the same for the music app? I listen to audio books on my commute so having it paused where I left it would be handy. Not sure how long it would be accessible before wp8 killed the process though?

I think music is handled differently.

The music does restart where you left off as I tested this a lot when thinking of getting a WP as just a music player, even if you put it in a shuffle mode etc it still remembers the before tracks etc.

What is it with the battery, when it gets real low, you plug it in still alive yet the phone seems to take more juice than the power supply seems to give it -mine died whilst playing tunes in my car, but plugged into the usb power... Even my iphone wouldnt have done that :/

What is it with the battery, when it gets real low, you plug it in still alive yet the phone seems to take more juice than the power supply seems to give it -mine died whilst playing tunes in my car, but plugged into the usb power... Even my iphone wouldnt have done that :/

Are you using a cheapo USB car charger? I swapped to a Nokia branded one from one that I got off Amazon and it was hugely different.

Ive never had a problem once its charging, able to stream videos etc and it charges away merrily. However i have had an issue a couple of times where it doesn't seem to recognize the charger, so although its plugged in it doesn't charge. Only had it happen twice though. Perhaps that could be the problem?

Ive never had a problem once its charging, able to stream videos etc and it charges away merrily. However i have had an issue a couple of times where it doesn't seem to recognize the charger, so although its plugged in it doesn't charge. Only had it happen twice though. Perhaps that could be the problem?

Starting to think so,mine would only take charge after i did the soft reset (volume and lock button)..

Hi guys been useing my nokia 920 with 02 sim i did a reset on it
now it will not take the sim any ideas please tryed tryed new sim and not picking up network

Took some 1080p recordings and quality looks good, but colour isnt so great. I know its a phone at the end of the day but is there any updates or anything planned to improve it further?

Also battery life is poor! any tips to improve?

I was wondering if anybody else has this issue. I find my gps wont always lock when i open drive beta and sometimes the location can be way off like 600 metres. Also when in driving it wont update the location as in going along.

Has any else found an issue with their gps. When it does work its great. Hope i don't,have to return the handset. After looking on wpc central quite a few people also have this issue. Some have returned their handsets 3 times and and still no luck.

Posted this elsewhere but though id try the main thread

Anyone feel a bit disapointed by the 920 having had it for a while, I still feel I'm missing things and the size is more of an issue than I thought it would be..
Mate of mine had the 920 because I had one and he doesnt like it, his has developed some sort of fault and has been sent back, as it was less than 7 days old he'd thinking of going SIM only and sticking with his iPhone4 for now..

Back
Top Bottom