***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

• Thread starter Thread starter RSR
  • Start date Start date
Hi all.

I love this phone, but the xbox music app is appalling and the Nokia one not much better. Can anyone recommend a music player NOT tied to an online store that will just manage the music have on my phone and will allow me to create playlists on the phone.

I can't bear the fact that everything is tied into a download service.

Thanks

I have Xbox Music Service and use the app without much problem... it's also the easiest to manage own music; here's what I do,

Drag and drop music albums
Play via albums or artist
Yes, playlist is a pain in the bum because it doesn't recognise my album stored list for whatever reason. I have since learnt the long way - 'Add to now playing list', stack it how I like it and then save the list.

Apparently using Windows Media Player, you can make the list and it saves properly in the folders. Not tried it though. For me, the music service is great as I download and play all new albums to see what's new.

Having uninstalled the official FB app, my battery life has become consistently much better. Comes off charge a 6:30AM, 30 mins of web browsing and music, sits on my desk all day with maybe 15 mins of calls, 30 mins web browsing and music home, and I still get home at 7PM with maybe 60-70% battery left. That'll do, pig, that'll do. It's on par or better than my DHD

Got my 1308 update yesterday on EE so all is well in the world of Dev

Last edited:
Faceache that bad is it, I might bin it off as well then tbh, nothing wrong with the faceache mobile site...
Can you not just turn off the background stuff though as I imagine that no FB app means no uploading pictures straight to fb?

Having uninstalled the official FB app, my battery life has become consistently much better. Comes off charge a 6:30AM, 30 mins of web browsing and music, sits on my desk all day with maybe 15 mins of calls, 30 mins web browsing and music home, and I still get home at 7PM with maybe 60-70% battery left. That'll do, pig, that'll do. It's on par or better than my DHD

Got my 1308 update yesterday on EE so all is well in the world of Dev

Not really saying a lot though as the DHD was well known to have awful battery life.

Anyone else noticed a big improvement on the camera with this latest update? Where before the picture used to blur slightly after the button was pressed it now seems pin sharp, excellent!

I was starting to worry as I was down to my last few 100mb of space and then I got the update this afternoon.

I was looking for differences and then noticed the 'storage check' option in settings and then the clear temp files - released 5.3gb of space!

Question is, wtf was it? And why did I need this feature to free it up?

My 920 is stuck in a boot up loop, black nokia screen > blue screen > black nokia screen > blue screen > ................................ . it was sitting on the charging plate overnight.

any way out of this, vol down and power doesn't fix it.

does the 3 button reset erase data? vol down, power and camera?

if it does im not sure if I want to and would be better off sending it to nokia where they might be able to fix it without a full data loosing reset.

Last edited:
TIP: (stolen from Reddit)

When pinning web pages to your home screen, zoom in to the area you want displayed first. Makes it look so much better.

X5sHdFu.png

Back
Top Bottom